What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ads On Homescreen

caliboyslim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 w/ 3G which I jailbroke a week ago with jailbreakme.com. Now when I open different apps that have ads in them, those ads are are displayed on my homescreen for a short time after i close the app. Anyone else experience this issue?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of this. Perhaps you have installed an old or iPad incompatible app through Cydia? Where do the Ads appear on screen? Can you take a screenshot and post it the next time it happens (press both button together to grab the screen).

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This used to happen to me heaps on my iPhone 4, not sure why it happened, I think a restore and re jailbreak fixed it (was a while ago)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would also be good to get a list of the JB apps you both have installed via Cydia to help identify the potential culprit by matching up what you both have in common. Cheers.

sethdoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took a screenshot.....I have only noticed it when I close Words with Friends, the ad disappears after a few seconds.

Attachments

• image-1967380148.png
    image-1967380148.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 320

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a glitch in the latest Words with Friends update.

I don't get the ads (I have the paid version) but I have noticed that since 12 July, when the update happened (the free one got updated 13 July), that my iPod and Video apps show up in my SBSettings as programs that have been used. They don't show up in the multitasking bar, nor can they be removed via RemoveBackground; they have to be manually deleted (stopped from running) from within the Processes section of SBSettings.

So, while you don't care about my issue :)D), I'm thinking this might be a symptom of problem with the app. Do you see this problem with any other app than WWF?

I'm just finding it a weird coincidence...

Marilyn

OP
caliboyslim

caliboyslim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sethdoy said:
I took a screenshot.....I have only noticed it when I close Words with Friends, the ad disappears after a few seconds.

I have the paid version of words with friends so i don't get ads, but I have other games that have ads. My screen looks just like yours when the ads appear (I wasn't able to get a screen shot)

OP
caliboyslim

caliboyslim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I wonder if it's a glitch in the latest Words with Friends update.

I don't get the ads (I have the paid version) but I have noticed that since 12 July, when the update happened (the free one got updated 13 July), that my iPod and Video apps show up in my SBSettings as programs that have been used. They don't show up in the multitasking bar, nor can they be removed via RemoveBackground; they have to be manually deleted (stopped from running) from within the Processes section of SBSettings.

So, while you don't care about my issue :)D), I'm thinking this might be a symptom of problem with the app. Do you see this problem with any other app than WWF?

I'm just finding it a weird coincidence...

Marilyn

I don't think it's just words with friends, but any app that has ads. I have the paid version of WWF.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem after I installed Plain Note AND paid for the in app ad removal.

Via iFile / SSH go to var/stash/Applications and delete the folder called AdSheet.app, worked for me to date.

sethdoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elektrobank said:
I had this problem after I installed Plain Note AND paid for the in app ad removal.

Via iFile / SSH go to var/stash/Applications and delete the folder called AdSheet.app, worked for me to date.

I don't even see a folder in there....

OP
caliboyslim

caliboyslim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was finally able to get a screenshot of this ad problem. Happens sporadically with any ad that i open that have ads in them

Attachments

• image-4050487306.png
    image-4050487306.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 237

Madewomen2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
caliboyslim said:
I have an iPad 2 w/ 3G which I jailbroke a week ago with jailbreakme.com. Now when I open different apps that have ads in them, those ads are are displayed on my homescreen for a short time after i close the app. Anyone else experience this issue?

Same issue here..ads stay on my home screen..

OP
caliboyslim

caliboyslim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn it To Hell!

So the advice given to me was to restore and re-jailbreak. So I did... Restore that is. The only problem was that when I restored, it restored to 4.3.5 and not back to 4.3.3. Now I can't jailbreak it. At least no more ads on my homescreen. So far... #eyesroll

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts