What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe FLash

lebob2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any solution available to solve the frustrating situation created by The iPad's inability to utilize Adobe Flash? Had I known about this, I probably would not have made the purchase.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
only option is to remote into an actual PC or use the iphone app ClodeBrowse(not secure).

What exactly is so important and flash that you need to have? I dont really see why people are so upset, I hated flash to begin with and im glad apple has chosen to keep it out of the iphone/ipad unless adobe can come up with a fast stable version that doesnt also suck up the battery (never gonna happen).

Flash and other adobe products make your PC vulnerable to being hacked. Every couple days a new vulnerability is found for their products, why do people still use them?

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I completely agree with Apple's perspective on changing technology, and only including things that they predict where the industry is going. They were the first to remove the 5 1/4 inch floppy drive, they were the first to remove the 3 1/2 inch floppy drive.....everyone said they were absolutely nuts.

HTML5 FTMFW

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but how did you not know about this before buying the iPad? This is probably the number one talked about issue about the iPad. Did you not read a single thing on the internet before making this major purchase?

Besides that, welcome to the site.

What site are you using that doesn't use HTML5?

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but how did you not know about this before buying the iPad? This is probably the number one talked about issue about the iPad. Did you not read a single thing on the internet before making this major purchase?

That was exactly my first initial thought when I read this thread. :D

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That was exactly my first initial thought when I read this thread. :D

It was my second. My first was "glad I don't miss flash.."

OP
L

lebob2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Besides that, welcome to the site.

What site are you using that doesn't use HTML5?

I have come across several sites that require flash. On one in particular, I was unable to make travel reservations in order to vacation at the particular resort. Doesn't that defeat the major purpose of the iPad, that being convenience?

Other than that issue, I have come to love my Ipad. It's a shame about the convenience thing.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, most flash websites I come across are poorly designed. I don't have a strong opinion about flash, but I do feel like the only things I get for flash are stupid games, ads, and poorly designed websites.

Most reactions

Latest posts