What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Flash and Work arounds

Panther1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before i bought my ipad i was aware apple and adobe flash dont work, i still bought it as i am starting to be an apple convert.

Is there any sort of work around of plug in that can be installed to overcome the flash issue to enable sites to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Si

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
As it stands in iOS, no. There is a browser that precaches some flash sites and allows them to be viewed. There was/is a browser for the iPhone (that works on iPad, but small...) that would allow SOME sites to be viewed, however there is not an iPad version. The name escapes me, however. I am sure someone will know it off the top.

You can jailbreak the iPad and install work-a-rounds that way, however as I have not, and will not, jailbreak, I cannot give you any tips on how.

maxsassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app called Skyfire that I bought from the apps store.
I wanted to be able to watch tv shows from the nbc, fox, and cbs websites and found out I couldn't because the ipad wouldn't use flash. With this app I can now do that. It is like a little browser and works great. Can now watch videos that I couldn't before. Check it out and it is well worth the money. I can also stream live nba, ncaa football and basketball games. The bigger the picture you make it does get a little blurry but still is worth it to be able to watch the games.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Thanks for the name, I forgot it.

The thing is, it is an iPhone app that will run on the iPad, but not in full screen mode. It will not run ALL flash, only certain ones.

Personally, until they have an iPad version and a "lite" version to try before buy, I won't be getting it.

Most reactions

Latest posts