What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing the system

Reaction score
I was attempting to do something, I don't know what now, but the ipad2 locked up. Each time I tried to access a program the machine wouldn't do it, just sat there with a border around the icon. Every once in a while it would open a program but would sit there doing nothing.

Tried all the obvious (I'm not a new kid) but to no avail. Tried rebooting, turning off all the programs I thought it would be attempting to access (with multiple clicks), and wondered how to get into the system to see what it was attempting to do.

Eventually I got a message giving me a choice to either reset or cancel, "no data would be lost." I continuously tapped the reset button, nothing. I looked on in total frustration. Then of a sudden the screen went black and I got a series of progress bars, vertical and horizontal. The screen finally came up with the raindrops (my normal screen background was lost) and all seems to be ok, all data appears to be there. This is quite disconcerting.

Does anyone know how to get into the system of the iPad when this sort of thing happens?

H

OP
H
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Have you tried holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo?

Then let it reboot.

Hah!! Mr Knowitall didn't know that one! Thanks for this. Although it still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the system. Any thoughts about that?

H

OP
H
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Yeah ~ some things are still pretty cool even though they don't give us that warm and fuzzy feeling all the time.:)

Agreed. I love this toy as you apparently do also. I'm constantly on the lookout for accessories but since this little adventure I'm a bit more circumspect. The OS is so remote that I wonder now about screwing around with aftermarket tidbits. You?

H

Most reactions