What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing Root Files

carp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am one of the unhappy users of the Idownload App that was completely killed by the last update when the passcode lock was disabled and the app can not now be unlocked, after 3 months of waiting the developers have admited that they cannot fix it, some of the files within the appp can be saved but most are lost, the only fix the developers can offer is to delete it and reinstall which will of course lose all files

i have seen a fix offered by another user that involves editing the passcode lock file, the only problem with this is that it requires the idevice to be jailbroken, even if this were possible on my Ipad mini Retina i wouldn't want to do it any way, what i am curious about is whether there is any other way to access the app files,the file in question is " /var/mobile/applications/download/library/preferences "

if jailbreaking is the only way then i will just have to lose all my work in the app

any ideas appreciated

Most reactions

Latest posts