What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad file System question...

KillaBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people!

I am the lucky owner of a non jailbreaked ipad 16 GB WiFi.
I was wondering if there is a way to transfer .avi files from downloader app to yxplayer app. I mean, i really have both the file and the app to open it, but there is no way to do it. The downloader app is offering the option to open a downloaded file from Goodreader, but not from yxplayer.

I guess what i really need is access to the real file system of the device, if there is any i mean...

Could anyone please, please, please HELP me?

Thanks very much in advance!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't access the file system without being jailbroken. Can't you just convert the avi file?

OP
K

KillaBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Matth3w first Of all thanx for replying.
I sure can convert, but i am talking about full divx download playback functionality without having to depend on my pc.

So, if i got it right, there is No way to have that without JB, is that right?

Let us assume i do JB, can tou please describe the procedure And programs i need in order to have that functionality?

Thanx a lot!

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dunno about yxplayer, but oplayer plays AVIs and includes an FTP and HTTP client that allows you to d/l essentially any file for viewing... reportedly they are working on an SMB client as well, which would mean that you could access network "drives" (filesystems), served up by either Windows or Unix/Linux servers.

the current oplayer is in the app store, but I sense that they (olimsoft) are a little nervous about Apple approving some of their planned features... walled garden and all...

OP
K

KillaBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for replying!
I think iphone explorer is interesting indeed, but i have to upgrade to itunes 9.2 which is a show stopper for JB, i think.

Also, what i really want to do is access the file system from the ipad itself, so that to move a divx file from downloader to yxplayer, without having to use a pc in the middle.

So, once again, is there a way to do it? Preferably without JB, i mean.

Thank you in advance!

Mv-ixius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ifile will do what you want, you can access all the files on your iPad and copy and paste from within, but alas you need to be jail broken.

But jail breaking is so easy to do, and has so many benefits why not jb ?

Most reactions

Latest posts