What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Adaptor

kfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im waiting for the US Ipad to get to me in Perth, WA, via Fedex after a friend bought it for me in NYC

Done some research and from what people have said and whats on the apple forum. I will be able to charge from my iphone adaptor albiet a bit slower.

The iphone is 5v and 5w and the iPad is 5v and 10w.

Are the plubs replacable on the us power supplies?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome

The plug is American so it needs to be replaced or an International adaptor used which is available from most travel stores however you may be able to replace the plug for 3 prong as the charger is multi voltage. I suggest check with your local Apple service Centre in Perth whom will advise bet solution.

Regards Colin:)

OP
K

kfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help colin,

I was hoping it was one of those multichangable duck heads.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help colin,

I was hoping it was one of those multichangable duck heads.

they are like this , i have got mine today and just exchange the little head

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha, I've been using my iPod Touch Power adapter....I didn't realize it was a lower wattage...that's why it takes so long to charge!! Just grabbed my adapter that came with the iPad....lol

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok let’s say like this the iPad charger use the small head in this picture , that kind of cable can be find everywhere ….

For the one have an iPhone 3 Gs but it’s slower than the original one … the original one is also not that fast i have use one we are in progress to finish with 10 amp ,like the apple sell in extra and he is much more faster

If you have recent mac you can also charge it by there but also slow …

i have not yet find hub can charge the iPad, but trust me i will find one soon as i can

I hope this will kick out all worry concerning the charger

f8iec.jpg

OP
K

kfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the ipad this arvo, no probems at all. The end just pops off and and I put in my iphone end. The chrome is the 10w ipad, the other is the iphone.

00jiipwfy7c8pic.html
image.php

image.php

00jiipwfy7c8pic.html

Most reactions

Latest posts