What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK charger

MikeBz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie alert!

Does a UK supplied iPad 4 ship with a UK or US charger in the box?

I've just bought an iPad 4 from Amazon (via a marketplace seller). External to the shrink-wrapped box was a 5w iPhone c charger, and in the box was a US 12w charger. Just wondering if this normal or whether it' a US import with a UK iPhone charger thrown in.

Thanks

Mike

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That'll be a US import, you'll need a converter for the charger (although it should be a two part plug and you can buy the three pin section from Apple). All UK iPads are supplied with a UK plug.

EDIT: the reason that you'll need to use the 12w charger is that it won't charge very fast at all from the 5w charger.

The Archangel

OP
M

MikeBz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I noticed because it was taking so long to charge with the not-in-the-box supplied charger. I have an old laptop mains cable which fits the US charger so it is usable, but I think I'll have a moan at the seller anyway.

Mike

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikeBz said:
Thanks. I noticed because it was taking so long to charge with the not-in-the-box supplied charger. I have an old laptop mains cable which fits the US charger so it is usable, but I think I'll have a moan at the seller anyway.

Mike

Definitely do that, they should have told you in advance that it was an American version.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts