What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A warm hello to the group

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to say hello. I came across the group while browsing for info on the New Ipad. I daresay this has become a familar refrain.

My first Apple experience has been the iPod Touch, and I went from the 1st generation to 4th generation in pretty short order. I was rather disappointed when a 5th generation "touch" did not appear :(

I initially dismissed the iPad as simply a "large" iPod Touch, and therefore was a bit late into the game. I finally succumbed and purchased a 64gb 3g IPad 2 about 3 months ago. At the time there were rumours of a new iPad on the horizon - there always are... :rolleyes:

The iPad 2 has been fantastic. I use it mainly at work where I go through large volumes of technical documents. I don't need to use my reading glasses as I can zoom to my heart's content. I do own a couple of convertible tablet PCs and the one gripe I have with the iPad is that handwriting and drawing is simply not up to the level of detail possible with a Tablet PC. The new iPad may change this however...

Now to a confession - The vast Apple marketing machine caught me hook line and sinker! While I wouldn't go as far as camping out or queueing outside the Apple stores on launch day, I splashed out on a pre-order for the new iPad. It should be with me on Friday :thumbs:. I'm now making my mind up as to whether to put it up on Ebay as demand is hugely outstripping supply at the moment.

I'm looking foward to participating on the board and learning to use my iPad to its full potential.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

You gotta watch that Apple bug, it's cost me a fortune but boy, do I have some nice kit!

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, nice dilemma to have at least!

Why not just keep the new iPad and whack the 2 on eBay instead? That way you get some money back but get to play with the new iPad too!

OP
P

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just keep the new iPad and whack the 2 on eBay instead? That way you get some money back but get to play with the new iPad too!

Welll... in a word $$$ :D

The asking prices on Ebay for the new iPad are heading towards the stratosphere.

I'm happy to continue using my iPad2 for a couple of months until the hysteria dies down.

I would have thought that the 64Gb Wifi+3G iPad2 would continue to hold its s/hand value given this model is no longer sold by the Apple Store.

I haven't made up my mind though - as you say it is a nice dilemma to have.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is a great device. The new iPad is a a beautiful piece of kit but unless you really feel the urge in my opinion you don't HAVE to have this latest device. Of course this is just my opinion but what you are reading on right now is still a great device for at least the next incarnation of the iPad.

Sent from my iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts