What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A warm "Hello" from IPF Newbie

QueenRulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
queenrulez.tumblr.com
A warm 'hello' to all IPF members! I'm new to the forum, and excited to be a part of it. I'm from the Valley of the Sun, a mother of 2 beautiful teens and wife to a loving husband of 16 years.

I am admittedly, addicted to my iPad! I have the 1st generation one that I got as a present from my hubby this December and have been hooked since. I use it to read books, social network, manage photos, watch shows, maintain the family schedule etc. I thought it to be a silly device in the beginning, but just like many, I have so fallen attached to it.

The only Apple product I own is an old iPod Touch, which I still enjoy using. Now also thinking of getting a MacBook Pro and possibly an AppleTV and maybe even an iPhone to complete the family. We shall see ;)

Have a glorious day, everyone!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You must buy an iPad2.

Those two beautiful teens are desperate for an old iPad of their own :)

OP
QueenRulez

QueenRulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
queenrulez.tumblr.com
@Hasty, my kiddos would love you for saying that!

If I may ask, is there a really great perk to upgrading to the 2? I have to be honest, I was not impresed with the camera. Pixel in my personal opinion needs much improvement.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I have an iPad1 and it's perfectly fine for everything that I do. Yes, there are a few applications where the faster graphics of the iPad2 would be an advantage but unless you're in to serious gaming then it's probably not worthwhile. As you have noted the iPad2 camera is not intended for taking quality stills - it's designed for video conference calls (front camera) and videos (rear camera). For stills a dedicated stills camera will be far better.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
QueenRulez

QueenRulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
queenrulez.tumblr.com
Thanks, Tim! It has been quite interesting reading through the threads and learning more things this device can do. So much more to explore, really!

I appreciate the input on the IPad 2. I think that just confirms my feeling that I should hold off from upgrading ... unless Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Smurfs are in some way considered "serious gaming."

Thanks again!

Sent from QueenmRulez's iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts