What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about the app called Photo-Sort HD

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought this app and like the way it allows me to move picts within and set up folders.

My questions are ...

Once you have made your new folders within this app, is it safe to delete the identical named folders in the original Photos app that came with the iPad?

One of the folders I made in Photo-Sort is called Wallpapers. In order for the iPad to utilize those picts for my lock screen and reg. screen do the wallpaper picts need to stay in Camera Roll or will they be picked up in the new program called Photo-Sort HD ?

I noticed when viewing in Photo-Sort that on the bottom task bar , the icon that is second from the left will bring up all the folders I had made originally in PHOTO. Just I think it is a waste of space to have duplicate folders working in both programs especially since I would prefer to only use Photo-Sort because of the way it allows me to name and move picts within that app.

Really would love to get feedback from others who use this program and any tips they might have as well.
Thank you

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I got such brilliant support on my last request, I thought I would be cheeky and ask another question.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
Since I got such brilliant support on my last request, I thought I would be cheeky and ask another question.

Cheeky is good!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have the app, but I am curious about the answeres.

I'd guess that it should be safe to delete the pictures in the Photo app, as far as not losing them in PhotoSort. It probably made it's own copy. If not, it would be the first photo app I've heard of that doesn't.

The flip side of this is that the iPad probably won't be able to use the albums you created in the app for wallpaper. The pictures in the Photo app are held in a unique data base that can be accessed by other apps. That won't be true of the Photo Sort app, probably.

To be certain, you could create a small folder with some expendable pictures and experiment. You can do a few sceen captures to make a few. Briefly press the home and power button at the same time. There will be a flash and a click, the current screen will be saved to the saved picture album in the Photo app. Unfortunetly the orientation of the picture is alway portrait, but that won't affect the experiment.

Most reactions

Latest posts