What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question About ios7

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My father recently upgraded to ios7. He has decided that he doesn't like it, and wants to switch back to the previous version. Is it possible to do that! Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My father recently upgraded to ios7. He has decided that he doesn't like it, and wants to switch back to the previous version. Is it possible to do that! Thanks.
I'm afraid that it is not possible to downgrade from iOS 7 to any earlier version of iOS. Your father's iPad is stuck on iOS 7.

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just on a non-computer web site where there was one of those iPad vs. Android discussions.... So, I just found out that iPads do not support Adobe Flash Player and, therefore, you cannot view flash videos on an iPad. I'm hoping that iOS7 will correct this deficiency, because I can't imagine an entertainment device not allowing me to view YouTube videos. Am I out of luck viewing flash videos on, e.g., an iPad Air?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just on a non-computer web site where there was one of those iPad vs. Android discussions.... So, I just found out that iPads do not support Adobe Flash Player and, therefore, you cannot view flash videos on an iPad. I'm hoping that iOS7 will correct this deficiency, because I can't imagine an entertainment device not allowing me to view YouTube videos. Am I out of luck viewing flash videos on, e.g., an iPad Air?
Apple never has and never will support Flash on it's iOS devices. This thread explains why, as well as recommending several apps that run Flash through remote servers, converting it to a form that will play on an iPad. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most YouTube videos play fine on iOS, and do not require Flash. FWIW.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to the both of you. I found the essay by Steve Jobs enlightening and encouraging. Now I will wait to buy my iPad Air (January?) when all the yellow screens have disappeared and the OS bugs have been squashed.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks to the both of you. I found the essay by Steve Jobs enlightening and encouraging. Now I will wait to buy my iPad Air (January?) when all the yellow screens have disappeared and the OS bugs have been squashed.

Why wait? Most Airs out there are just fine. Get one and don't worry about it.

jerry brown

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually, during the period of the new Apple iOS 7 release, about a fews days. Apple allows the user to switch back to the previous version (if you do not like the new one) but once the test time is gone, You can no longer downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6. You’re stuck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts