What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios7 glitches

Blossom54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot download new apps and cannot update apps now that ios7 is installed. I don't like ios7 is there any way to get rid of it and go back to the previous version?

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot download new apps and cannot update apps now that ios7 is installed. I don't like ios7 is there any way to get rid of it and go back to the previous version?
I'm afraid Apple closed the window to downgrade quite some time ago. However, there are a few things you can try to do to help solve some problems: Try rebooting your iPad by holding down the home button and sleep/ wake button together for about 10 second until you see the apple logo. If that doesn't work, sign out of your Apple ID under settings: image-2279557453.jpg then sign back in.
If any of those don't work, try going to settings > general > date and time > set the date to exactly 1 YEAR from now. Try updating the apps then. If that doesn't work, revert back to today's date and try updating. That should work and it worked for me. Good luck.

OP
B

Blossom54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much, that did work but why should it have to be so difficult?? I was quite happy with the way things were and don't see why Apple need to fix things that ain't broke! Anyway glad to have some expert help without spending hours on the phone to Apple support. Well done.

Janz234567

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had loads of trouble with my ipad 2 after downloading v7 and really regret updating, I wish I had stated with v6 but as usual you think the company knows best, but they don't always. Next time there is an upgrade I will wait a few weeks to see what others say before jumping in feet first.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had loads of trouble with my ipad 2 after downloading v7 and really regret updating, I wish I had stated with v6 but as usual you think the company knows best, but they don't always. Next time there is an upgrade I will wait a few weeks to see what others say before jumping in feet first.

That's usually what a lot of people do. What kind of trouble have you had? What's not working right?

cocorico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's usually what a lot of people do. What kind of trouble have you had? What's not working right?
I have an ipad2 , and since updating to ios7 I've been experiencing glitches. The latest one is that my ipad won't go portrait anymore, which is most inconvenient. I was also using my outside speaker, attached to the ipad but today during my Spanish class, it wouldn't work!! :( help please!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 , and since updating to ios7 I've been experiencing glitches. The latest one is that my ipad won't go portrait anymore, which is most inconvenient. I was also using my outside speaker, attached to the ipad but today during my Spanish class, it wouldn't work!! :( help please!!!

If you haven't accidentally locked the rotation of the iPad (made it so it won't rotate), then try a restart or a reset to see if you can get the iPad to "behave."

To do either (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that'll solve your issues. If it doesn't, holler back and we'll take another shot at it. Good luck.

Marilyn

cocorico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you haven't accidentally locked the rotation of the iPad (made it so it won't rotate), then try a restart or a reset to see if you can get the iPad to "behave." To do either (apologies if you know): Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't help, try this last step... Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear. Hopefully, that'll solve your issues. If it doesn't, holler back and we'll take another shot at it. Good luck. Marilyn
many thanks! It works! :)

Janz234567

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I had a lot of trouble loading Zynga games, had to delete some and reload from app market, the ones connected to
Facebook saved scores , but some were lost. Drawsomething2 is my favourite game, got that working ok , or so I thought, but now it disconnects and goes back to ipad home page after about a minute or so, in the middle of a drawing, it never did that before. Everything else works ok on my WiFi.

The issue I have now is that v7 re-arranged all my photo albums and picked up a location from Maps that bears no resemblance to where I live so I don't share photos anymore. I can't delete the
location from the pics. I tried to connect ipad to my desk top to upload and download photos, but apparently I need an app on my desktop to do it? I've just given up using ipad for photos to Facebook and have gone back to using my good Canon camera and PC. For me v7 does less than I did before upgrading.

OP
B

Blossom54

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Lots of things aren't right

Having trouble navigating with google! when I use the back button it goes back to a previous search, not the previous page of that search
I don't like the white pages, can't find tabs that I was familiar with for navigating, the fine graphics are hard to read and I don't know what some of them are for.
Veeeery slow to search on internet sites
Denying access to Facebook
When scrolling pages an annoying menu bar thing pops up at the bottom of the screen
cannot update email quickly, have to go to Sent or Trash and update those first then update Inbox
don't like the date/time screen, wobbles all over the place when attempting to change date and time

other than that it's fine! I really would prefer to have the old system back, there was nothing wrong with it, thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts