What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a lot of apple ipad haters out there ..

raylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I don't hate apple products, just Apple. A few years ago I bought a MacMini with a service support agreement. First day I called Apple support because I was having a problem getting the mini to network. They asked me if PC's were on my network. When I said yes, they politely told me they could/would not help me and hung up.

So I have been an apple hater ever since. Unfortunately, the hate was not strong enough to keep me from ordering the 3G Ipad on the first day the preorder list showed up. Oh well, so much for hate:)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is hard to believe you would get an idiot like that. I have always found the Apple techs to be reasonable and polite. A lot better than Dell and their "Hi, I am Dave (Rashid)" help. Unfortunately, the human element is an uncertainy in any business.

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on a couple other forums i belong to ..it seams to be a lot people who just hate the liveing heck of the apple.ipad . the only thing one person said about apple and the ipad was it nice and chucky for it size ..

when i said i bought a ipad for use in mydaily life ..the people said i should have taken my money and throw it from a moveing car ..

so on any other forums you belong to do ever see people reacting to the ipad unit with that much hate about the unit and about apple products in general ..

There have been a few threads on other forums I'm on about the iPad, nothing that got out of hand though.

One thing I've noticed is that most of the people who hate on the iPad are self proclaimed "hardcore" PC guys. They've never had hands on with the iPad, but they'll swear it's the most useless thing ever invented.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this morning the owner of the forum email and ask me i sent him a message about leaveing the forum and the reason behind ..
he posted a message across the log in screen that the forum is was written on a mac and it run off a mac unit ..so if you have with macs computers or there products you lneed to leave the forum and not come back ..

i am one of the first members of the forum that put togerther back in 1999 what the newpaper call a prepper type of person ..not the doom and groom type that you read about more of a person who has lived through a few rough spots in there life i just learn to have a few extras in the house with me after liveing through three tornados and a couple of hurricanes on the gulf and one down in the south side of the Fl state and one really bad fire season of 2002 in the Rodeo fire in Az that burned down across the my family land there i learned to look at keeping food along with other basic things in the house as best way to keep one self alive and heathly after the event .plus iam LDS and i do not push my faith into anyone face about my faith .. i understand and do try to follow the rules and the teachings about food stowage and other things that we do ..i am more of a hoarder type i would say about me ,,but not in a bad ways you see on the tv show ..mine is more of books and dvd collections that more of my thing .. i store them in neat rows on handbult book case in every room in the house i own in AZ for a time after i retire fully and can sit down and really enjoy a book on a cold or warm afternoon without thinking i need to get up and worry about getting ready for work etc etc ..but nothing to do but eat sleep and read a book .. ..

so on the forum i explain that i had replaced my small netbook computer and ipod in my bad weather is comeing i got to get out of dodge cothing bag that kept packed and allways ready in a hall closet in the apt or the house when iam home ...people where just saying things like that was stupid and such a waste of money about the product ..for i said i had put on a 32.gb model a bunch of stuff for ins with photos of the house and the car and the land to show what they looked like before the event and could be covered and replaced if need be after the event ..i wanted to make the bag a little lighter along with cutout some of the items i need to carry in the bag ..

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so on the forum i explain that i had replaced my small netbook computer and ipod in my bad weather is comeing i got to get out of dodge cothing bag that kept packed and allways ready in a hall closet in the apt or the house when iam home ...people where just saying things like that was stupid and such a waste of money about the product ..for i said i had put on a 32.gb model a bunch of stuff for ins with photos of the house and the car and the land to show what they looked like before the event and could be covered and replaced if need be after the event ..i wanted to make the bag a little lighter along with cutout some of the items i need to carry in the bag ..

Interesting

I never thought of it but configuring an iPad for emergency use makes sense for a lot of reasons.

The point you make about storing pictures and videos for replacement reasons makes a lot of sense if all you have after a disaster is your iPad as you deal with emregencey officials and FEMA. You have your internet connection and your documents right there with you in a lite weight device that has an enormous battery life for a hand held tablet.

Plus as you shelter in a storm center and the power fails you are still good to go if wifi or the cell system is still operating. And if it is not, you can always read a book for hours or play a game while you wait. If the power comes on you can recharge your iPad in four hours or less for another full days use.

If you have a car you can recharge from that while idling.

You can pull up a large dynamic weather display to watch a hurricane land fall as you shelter down.

There seem to be so many pluses over a Kindle or even a relatively short lived iPhone.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been on Mobile Read for just about 4 years now with around 6,500 posts.
There's always been solid discussions about different reading devices and for the most part, healthy. But when the subject comes to Apple, all hell breaks loose. My daughter is now a moderator on the site and she's finding the violence of aguments pretty difficult to live with. They have to ban people regularly.

Luckily there is a lounge there where I spend a lot of time goofing with the others. But lately I've joined some discussions on iPad... What a mistake!!! I've now unsubscribed from all those threads. Some people are just too mean, they get me down. The good news is this forum.:) People are friendly here, there are no trolls and we're all discovering the iPad together; or almost all, and everybody is curious and care. Even the impatient ones.:)

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jealousy and stupidity are the biggest reasons for the hate, pure and simple. The overwhelming majority of Apple haters I've run into have no comprehension of product quality and feel the cheaper you go, the better.

Then, when they see how nice Apple products are and how devoted Apple customers are, they just don't understand it. Quite ignorant folks, in my opinion. By then, they are unable to be mature enough to understand the mistakes they've made and become defensive, spewing all kinds of non-sense.

Remember when the iPad was debuted back in January and all the tech sites were trying their best to marginalize the iPad (such as Gizmodo, releasing an article "8 reasons to hate the iPad" within two hours of the keynote) then on launch day, it blows up and sells 300K units?

Success is the best revenge.... and the haters can't stand it. Watch, this thing will sell a million units in less than 60 days.... and then what will they say. :D

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One other thing... and I know this may be controversial, but I'm going to say it because I profoundly believe this to be true.

A lot of folks cannot afford Apple products and can't understand why some people would spend $2K+ on an Apple when they can spend $500 for what they think is a comparable Dell.

I believe this contributes to the jealousy and promotes somewhat of a class-warfare amongst the population. This leads to very bitter discussions and battles on theses forums.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that these people spend so much time and effort to speak negatively about a product that they will probably never buy anyways. People focus so much on what it can't do (Flash, USB, etc) that they don't even bother looking at what it can do.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that these people spend so much time and effort to speak negatively about a product that they will probably never buy anyways. People focus so much on what it can't do (Flash, USB, etc) that they don't even bother looking at what it can do.
Yes. And the worst of them will hound you until you promise them you won't buy the iPad. That's sick!!!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats what I did. I left the forum. I have a Kindle. I LOVE my Kindle. But on a Kindle forum I simply stated that I was excited because my bf decided to order me and IPAD for Easter - you would think I just stated that I was going to blow up a building! The hatred came out. I was called names, I was called a troll, I was called unintelligent, it was rude. I said my peace and left the forum. It was sad to leave because I am disabled and don't leave home much. The forums was kind of a social outlet for me to talk to others who like to read and have many of the same interests as me. ButI found a new Kindle forum and they are gracious and not as closed minded. I did not go to the other site stating that IPAD is better than Kindle. They are not even the same . Its comparing apples and oranges. I just simply wanted to share my good news. Ah well...they are gone and I no longer have to deal with closed minded people who don't understand that the IPAD is NOT an E-READER. It is a tablet computer that runs and e-reader app just like the thousands of other apps it can run. Simple ignorance.

I know what you mean. I think for many people electronic devices take the place of religion in their lives, at least they act like it. I really don't care what brand a device is, I just want it to "fit" me. If it does and it's a Sony or Microsoft or Apple or Gateway.... Then I use it.

I really like my iPad, but in 3 years, who knows what will be out there...... When I got my iPad, I sold my Sony reader. There are people out there that just can't handle the fact that for me the iPad is a better reader than the Sony....

I agree if the shoe fits wear it Its about what YOU want.....:):)

colin

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been on Mobile Read for just about 4 years now with around 6,500 posts.
There's always been solid discussions about different reading devices and for the most part, healthy. But when the subject comes to Apple, all hell breaks loose. My daughter is now a moderator on the site and she's finding the violence of aguments pretty difficult to live with. They have to ban people regularly.

Luckily there is a lounge there where I spend a lot of time goofing with the others. But lately I've joined some discussions on iPad... What a mistake!!! I've now unsubscribed from all those threads. Some people are just too mean, they get me down. The good news is this forum.:) People are friendly here, there are no trolls and we're all discovering the iPad together; or almost all, and everybody is curious and care. Even the impatient ones.:)

A voice of sanity.

I love it.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BINGO

There is so much it can do that makes it worth while, for ten hours or more while not connected to anything!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forums are easy targets for bullies because they can get away with things without repercussions. The worse that happens is they get banned and go elsewhere or change their identity. The only solution is for members to stand up to the bullies. The iPad is not for everyone. But when you consider that many people can feel comfortable replacing iPods and laptops with one easy to use unit, it makes sense. I would never replace my desktop with a laptop, and my iPad will not replace my laptop.

If a person wants to do Linux or XP, that is their business. I will never get to use an Apple at work, or at least provided by work, but that does not mean Apple is worthless.

Most reactions

Latest posts