What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little advise from more learned than me.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I use my iPad for 99% of computing I am finding I need to use my DH old desktop sometime. I installed drop box and I think that will be a big help but I want to know about pages for iPad. What could I use it for. I typed a letter on the old tired desktop and it was a chore. Is there any way I can type letters and address labels on iPad and transfer to computer. I have an old HP printer hooked up to desk top and of course that won't work with ipad How much can you really print on wifi printer with iPad. I may have to break down and buy an inexspensive computer for DH. He just uses iit to play games and read comics and sports. He Is visually impaired and can't do much on computer so I would rather keep using old one he is used too and I will use iPad as much as I can. Maybe someone can make sense out of my rambling.

Thanks,
Grandma

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yes you can type letters in pages and transfer them to the PC. Not so sure about typing up label.

There really isnt any good way of printing from the iPad currently. I think apple is working to add this functionality though.

The iPad isnt a computer/laptop replacement its something in the middle of a laptop and iPhone/iPod.

rdharper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a test, I printed a photo from my iPad directly to my HP8100 using clip print using wifi. Worked perfectly the first time. I have no doubt I can print text. You can also download an app that runs on your computer, so your file goes to your computer and then directly to your printer.

I'm sure there are other solutions as well with various apps. Do a search on print.

Most reactions

Latest posts