What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint - "The printer is no longer available"

Tedtab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and a HP 6500 printer. The printer is about 3 weeks old and is networked using ethernet. Multiple computers can print to it. For a few days the iPad could print to it. The suddenly it stopped and the following error message would appear, "The printer is no longer available.". I have tried to ping the printer from the iPad and ping fails. However the printer shows up in the Printer options pop up box. Btw I can ping other wired and wireless devices from the iPad. I have a Dlink DIR 628 router with the latest firmware. I have checked the HP site and my printer firmware is up to date.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose or even fix the problem?
If there is iPad print queue how do you access it?

Thank you.

Surfer01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good question as I have an Epson printer that is on a home network and also has Bluetooth and it will not connect on either and never has.

naz927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airprint no loniger working for me either on my non airprint hp. It was working fine before I upgraded to iOS 5 using the workaround but now it isn't. This is extremely frustrating, hope somebody can figure this out soon!

CoraYvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an epson artisan 730 AirPrint printer and an ipad2. I can use AirPrint only if I have 1) restarted my ZyXel 5000, 2) restarted the printer and 3) tried to AirPrint within a few seconds.
My network PC type computers can consistently successfully print. My daughter's MacAir is on the network but also functions intermittently.

Any help out there? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts