What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few question about today's upgrade

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not very technically minded, so I have a few questions about today's upgrade. None of them are about what time it will happen!

OK... first, I have downloaded iTunes 10.5 (doing it now, seems to be smooth). I want to back up my iPad, how do I do that? Is that what is meant by just synching it as I do once a week?

I have documents in Pages and Storyist. Will they get wiped? If so, how do I get them onto my pc?

I have tried to get the answers by searching, but got involved in reading about saving blobs, and jailbreaking... I don't want to do any of that, once I've upgraded, I won't go back, I don't want to jailbreak my iPad, I just want to upgrade and use without losing everything. It's a 16GB Wi-fi and I'm using Windows VIsta on a laptop, if that makes a difference to answers!
Thanks x

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try watching this video. It does a pretty good job of telling you how to prepare.

[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

You can mail Pages documents to yourself for safe keeping. If you don't have a computer to download them to, just leave them in mail until you are sure you didn't lose any. I'm don't have Storyist, but I bet it has an email option too.

Most reactions

Latest posts