What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Curious Problem......

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I ll try to explain my set up as best I can, I have a Virgin media connection, was never that fast, but when I first got the Ipad it became clear how slow, so I upgraded my router to a Netgear N, certainly upped my dl/ul speeds,

Here's the thing, my iPhone/iPad/macbook air all connect on this router A ok, but my iPhone and iPad connection will drop right down to just the little dot then come up and down, the iPad will drop right out and then reconnect almost immediately, my MacBook air will forget the connection entirely and force me to restart the router at times, but once connected stays strong,

This is all from the sofa without moving (5feet from the router)

I ve fiddled with the router settings loads, and got it locked into G mode at present,

New iPad (had it swapped out) and they swapped my iPhone over aswell, (app,e are pretty decent!) when I mentioned network issues,

So tech brains of this forum, I know abit about abit but if you could keep it to plain speak to stop my head exploding that d be great!

I m sure I must have a conflict of some kind!

Sorry for the rambling but I thought if I covered all the bases it d make it easier!

Cheers

J

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, it could be the router or your devices. You best bet is to try different channels on the Router and if you have encryption enabled, try disabling it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
These type of things are very hard to pin down. Cound be a huge number of things.

Does the signal level just show it going up and down or do you also notice slowing speeds?

OP
J

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just the signal level it seems, the speeds don't seem to decrease,

j.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoy your ban, Sweetscentkiss, you $#%@@$%ing piece of crap eBook spammer.

OP
J

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoy your ban, Sweetscentkiss, you $#%@@$%ing piece of crap eBook spammer.

Deep breaths! lol,

Second thoughts, C*nt spammed my thread,

ban him, ban him now! :D

j.

Most reactions