What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.1 update

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tempting to download. But I love JB. Any tweaks here that gives me the same stuff in iOS 7.1? That would be great.

vinko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, since iOS7, I had a lot of problems with my iPad4 64GB WiFi+Cellular. With 7.1 update, I have more of them. The most annoyed one is when I double-click Home button, iPad restarts completely. It drives me to the wall. This iOS7 reminds me of Windows 98 DAILY crashes :-(. I thought it was my only 1GB left of memory that was the culprit. I've deleted a few bits-and-bobs and left system with 12GB free, but I still have the very same problems :-(. I love my iPad and apps I am using, but this small glitches are actually NOT small and they are very annoying. I don't no what to say anymore about iOS7?! Hopefully ONE day, Apple will realise stable system.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since iOS7, I had a lot of problems with my iPad4 64GB WiFi+Cellular. With 7.1 update, I have more of them. The most annoyed one is when I double-click Home button, iPad restarts completely. It drives me to the wall. This iOS7 reminds me of Windows 98 DAILY crashes :-(. I thought it was my only 1GB left of memory that was the culprit. I've deleted a few bits-and-bobs and left system with 12GB free, but I still have the very same problems :-(. I love my iPad and apps I am using, but this small glitches are actually NOT small and they are very annoying. I don't no what to say anymore about iOS7?! Hopefully ONE day, Apple will realise stable system.
I'm using my iPad 4 to reply to your post and I have had no problems with it since updating to the various iOS 7 versions, including iOS 7.1. Have you considered the possibility that your iPad may be at fault here? If iOS 7 had as many bugs as you report, it would be affecting everybody. There is the possibility that your iPad has problems that are causing this. If you live near enough to an Apple Store you may want to take your iPad in for a full diagnostic. If your iPad is still under warranty or AppleCare+ coverage! any hardware defects would be covered.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum Vinko, I agree with skifin. I suggest you backup your iPad and do a factory restore on your computer. Further more before you sync your backup to the iPad test the iPad using existing apps as provided by Apple. In some cases I also would redown load from iCloud apps purchased as this tends to eliminate a possible bad app. Since the forum began we have had hundreds of issues that users were experiencing that have been resolved by taking these steps. If your iPad still experiences crashing or something not functioning correctly then take it to an Apple store.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep getting a 9006 error. How do I fix?

Apple Support:

Configure your security software
Check your security software and settings, which can block ports and prevent connection to Apple servers during update and restore.

Common errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006, 9807, 9844. Sometimes as a result of this issue, a device might stop responding during the restore process.

jaegerhof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. I am pretty much a novice. How do I do this? I am assuming we are discussing my mac? or my iPad? Where do I find the security software and/or settings.

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I expect iOS 7.1 to be similar in performance as ios 6.1.3 on my iPad4? I had never updated to iOS 7. Any ipad4 owners, could you please share your experience?

bunsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated my hitherto problem free ipad ME392J/A 128gb to 7.1 last night and am so far confronting three problems:
1) when I do a simple turn off (just clicking the button on the upper right corner) or close the magnetic cover,
the ipad closes down completely and I get the black screen with white apple and have to wait for it to start up again.
I have done a hard reset twice, with no change in the situation. 2) every time I click "wallpapers & brightness" in the settings
I get the black screen white apple and have to wait for the ipad to start up again. 3) I can no longer take screen shots by simultaneously clicking the on/off button on the top right of the ipad. A further change I've noticed since installing 7.1 is that the setting screen, safari screen, and possibly other screens are initially magnified when I start the app, although they adjust to normal size after a secondor two.
This is my first post -- I joined the forum because I'm hoping someone can help me solve my problem. I have had the ipad for about a year, and never had any trouble with it. Advice, suggestions, comments will be greatly appreciated.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can I expect iOS 7.1 to be similar in performance as ios 6.1.3 on my iPad4? I had never updated to iOS 7. Any ipad4 owners, could you please share your experience?

I use iPad 3, which is actually, a bit more 'backdated' (though for me, no iDevices are backdated :p) than iPad 4.

By now, you should have known that iOS had completely departed from what it was when iOS 7 was released, getting rid of skeuomorphism, with a completely different look and feel, along with some new features... So you CANNOT expect the same design on iOS 6.1.3 on iOS 7.1. However, iOS 7.1 is devoid of most of the major bugs of previous versions of iOS 7.

The UI has improved a lot than iOS 7.0.6.

Thats the most I could say. Now its up to you whether to update or not. Be sure to tell us your decision!

Welcome to iPF! Have a good time here!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Updated my hitherto problem free ipad ME392J/A 128gb to 7.1 last night and am so far confronting three problems: 1) when I do a simple turn off (just clicking the button on the upper right corner) or close the magnetic cover, the ipad closes down completely and I get the black screen with white apple and have to wait for it to start up again. I have done a hard reset twice, with no change in the situation. 2) every time I click "wallpapers & brightness" in the settings I get the black screen white apple and have to wait for the ipad to start up again. 3) I can no longer take screen shots by simultaneously clicking the on/off button on the top right of the ipad. A further change I've noticed since installing 7.1 is that the setting screen, safari screen, and possibly other screens are initially magnified when I start the app, although they adjust to normal size after a secondor two. This is my first post -- I joined the forum because I'm hoping someone can help me solve my problem. I have had the ipad for about a year, and never had any trouble with it. Advice, suggestions, comments will be greatly appreciated.

None of the problems you mentioned happens to me with an iPad 3 and iOS 7.1. If possible, you can try a complete restore of your data and see if it helps. You should also make an appointment at the Genius bar at the nearest Apple store for a checkup of your iPad.

Also, since I have never experienced such problems before, I would also recommend you to wait and see what other forum members have to say.

You posted an excellent intro. I live in Singapore, quite far I guess. Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.......your problem is unusual and in your case you must restore the iPad on your mac using the latest iTunes. I would also after restore to factory state not sync existing apps until you have verified that the base iPad works fine. If all is good then sync your backup. If the issue then continues you have no choice other than go to an Apple store or at least contact Apple direct regarding the issue. Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts