What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN on 7.1

Eddie ONeill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since upgrading to 7.1 the download speed using VPN has been drastically reduced. I have spoken to Apple and they are aware of the issue. However no solution has yet been produced.
I am using an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4s. Both devices have the same problem. Looking at the Apple community support pages, there is a thread on the subject, but no solution.
Just wanted to make folks here aware of the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on the VPN I think. My Mini has been acting up lately, VPN or not, so I can't really gauge it for that, but on my 4S, it depends on which VPN I'm using, but I don't feel any noticeable differences. Are you using a public or private VPN?

OP
E

Eddie ONeill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a private VPN. I use it to stream U.K. TV, I live in the U.S.A. You can see a full discussion on the issue here. My internet provider is AT&T and I have a download speed of 18MB. When I connect to the VPN the speed drops to less than 500kb, which is no good for streaming TV. I spoke in detail with my VPN provider and they have confirmed that they have had numerous complaints from iPad users since the upgrade to IOS 7.1.
I can use my windows PC with my VPN and the speeds are good.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5991594?start=0&tstart=0

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just tested out VPN speeds on a colleague's Air. It works flawlessly on VPN, barely a noticeable difference between with and without a VPN running. Used it on my iPad 4, I see a visible difference, dropping from 32MBps to 3MBPs. I'll see if it's the case on 7.0.6 and below when I get the chance.

OP
E

Eddie ONeill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll be very interested in the result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts