What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$41.00 off at the Apple Store !!

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not angry or bitter at all. Just looking at it realistically... EVERY other electronic manufacturer in the country had killer deals this weekend except Apple. This so-called great deal is no such thing and I'd wish people would stop saying so. It's a small discount and is a bit insulting to most savy consumers in this season of huge price discounts and slashes. It's a gesture that stinks of reduced manufacturing costs on supplier parts passed on to the customer in the guise of a discount. Otherwise, you'd have $41.00 off the smallest model and increasing discounts off the larger models. Yes, Apple rarely has sales on their product. Yes, Apple's profit margins are high. Yes, I purchased my wi-fi 64gb unit at list price and feel it worth every penny I paid. But, realistically? No, this small discount is not much of an incentive for me to run out and buy another one. Sorry if my post came off as angry or bitter I was just calling it like I see it, IMO. Quite frankly, I'm very surprised more people don't agree.

I don't recall anyone saying it was a "great deal". Just helped pay my NJ tax on it yesterday....Ken

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Not angry or bitter at all. Just looking at it realistically... EVERY other electronic manufacturer in the country had killer deals this weekend except Apple. This so-called great deal is no such thing and I'd wish people would stop saying so. It's a small discount and is a bit insulting to most savy consumers in this season of huge price discounts and slashes. It's a gesture that stinks of reduced manufacturing costs on supplier parts passed on to the customer in the guise of a discount. Otherwise, you'd have $41.00 off the smallest model and increasing discounts off the larger models. Yes, Apple rarely has sales on their product. Yes, Apple's profit margins are high. Yes, I purchased my wi-fi 64gb unit at list price and feel it worth every penny I paid. But, realistically? No, this small discount is not much of an incentive for me to run out and buy another one. Sorry if my post came off as angry or bitter I was just calling it like I see it, IMO. Quite frankly, I'm very surprised more people don't agree.

I don't recall anyone saying it was a "great deal". Just helped pay my NJ tax on it yesterday....Ken

Thread subject line with !!'s implies deal $41.00 off at the Apple Store !!

SteamBMW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered mine and got the $41.00 off. No, not much, but it is $41.00 more that I have, just wish I had my new IPAD.. Expecting it to arrive this thursday.

CjChronos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Likewise; Just ordered my first iPad (16 GB Wifi, I'm a working man and I don't have THAT much money to waste; been saving for a little while for this) and I'm so excited to get it. With shipping and everything it came out to $486.00 (I think, give or take a dollar.) $41.00 off of the $499.00 isn't THAT much but it sure as hell makes a difference, that's a tank of gas I just saved =]

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$349 ipads here in co

If you are out to seek a $50 discount.. Get a better job.

Sorry buy iPad is a luxury. If you cant afford it accept it.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Likewise; Just ordered my first iPad (16 GB Wifi, I'm a working man and I don't have THAT much money to waste; been saving for a little while for this) and I'm so excited to get it. With shipping and everything it came out to $486.00 (I think, give or take a dollar.) $41.00 off of the $499.00 isn't THAT much but it sure as hell makes a difference, that's a tank of gas I just saved =]

Or you could have gone to the store..

But perhaps you own a truck getting 12mpg. My bad. Guess you should have bought a car instead?

Not bashing but seriously people out looking for deals makes me wonder.. Either your expectations are too high or you're too lazy. You as a person need to balance wants with needs per your income and lifestyle.

Example, I'd love to have land in the woods with a log cabin.. But I'm strapped as it is..

CjChronos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my budget very well-setup and I'm doing fine on money. I don't have $100's of dollars to spend leisurely; but all my bills are paid and I have enough to have fun. I've wanted the iPad for a little while now so I started just putting $20 a week away, on Black Friday, the $41.00 seemed like a good deal considering they don't have discounts too often, so I put in the rest of the money I needed and bought it. Also I live in MA, the closest Apple Store is in NY.

Edit: I'm not out LOOKING for deals. But why buy for more if I can wait a week and buy it cheaper. I'm not in any rush.
And please don't flame me; I came here to meet other iPad users and just talk with people, not to argue.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could have gone to the store..

But perhaps you own a truck getting 12mpg. My bad. Guess you should have bought a car instead?

Not bashing but seriously people out looking for deals makes me wonder.. Either your expectations are too high or you're too lazy. You as a person need to balance wants with needs per your income and lifestyle.

Example, I'd love to have land in the woods with a log cabin.. But I'm strapped as it is..

Rude much?

Ignore this fool.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CjChronos, As one of the first people to welcome

I have my budget very well-setup and I'm doing fine on money. I don't have $100's of dollars to spend leisurely; but all my bills are paid and I have enough to have fun. I've wanted the iPad for a little while now so I started just putting $20 a week away, on Black Friday, the $41.00 seemed like a good deal considering they don't have discounts too often, so I put in the rest of the money I needed and bought it. Also I live in MA, the closest Apple Store is in NY.

Edit: I'm not out LOOKING for deals. But why buy for more if I can wait a week and buy it cheaper. I'm not in any rush.

And please don't flame me; I came here to meet other iPad users and just talk with people, not to argue.

You on this forum, I hope you understand that there are all kinds of people here and your weird waka encounter is just that, weird. Most of us are considerate, really! Please do not let this encounter dissuade you from posting. Once in awhile people feel the need to display their superiority be it intellect or income. He didn't display much intellect so I assume he is fabulously wealthy!

I am fortunate, the only thing that hindered me from getting my iPad was the unknown--I had no Apple experience and no smart phone experience. After playing with the ipad at Best Buy (nearest Apple store is 190 miles away), I decided to take the plunge and buy it so I can play with it on my own time.

You can do so much with US$41--you saved a tank of gas. If I had US$41, I could have bought several more apps, a stylus, a screen protector, and still have enough to get a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

pyro976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the 16gb wifi for $458 it came out to $508 after taxes. I ordered it cause I knew I wouldnt find it for that price again. Yea it's only $41 but it's still $41 lol money in my pocket is money in my pocket no matter how you look at it. All I know is that I get it on the 30th but can touch it till christmas so my wife says. Hopefuly I can get her to give it to me earlier. Anyway happy holidays everyone.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
$41.00 Off and Loaded 4.2

One more thing on that Apple store purchase...............I had them load 4.2 for me to avoid any sort of problems loading it myself at home.....Ken

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be fair to The Alternative he did try to tone it down in how he was coming across. We don't tolerate flaming in this Forum and I wouldn't say The Alternative did that, he just doesn't have the appreciation of 41.00 that what seems like the majority of us does.

And as the OP said he wasn't saying he got a tremendous deal. He saved $41.00, and hey that's extra money in his pocket I say good for him. I certainly would have liked to pay 41.00 less. I ended up spending 99.00 more because I bought Product Support.

Most reactions