What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$41.00 off at the Apple Store !!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just bought a 32GIG WI-FI IPAD at the Apple store in Cherry Hill, NJ. Sale started at midnight last night.

Not advertised the guy said. Equal discounts on the other "I" products. Don't know how long it's for.

Gota figure out what to do with it now!!!

Ken

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought a 32GIG WI-FI IPAD at the Apple store in Cherry Hill, NJ. Sale started at midnight last night.

Not advertised the guy said. Equal discounts on the other "I" products. Don't know how long it's for.

Ken

Congratulations! Thanks for spreading the word. Deals on iPads are hard to find.

Do they give you a choice of who to get your data from or is it just AT&T? I ask because Verizon IMHO is a better provider and they are now selling the iPad as well.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congratulations Kenworth.

Considering you bought your iPad at Cherryhill, you did get a bargain! Now, what will you do with your iPad? There is a thread titled "wait with me" here on the forum. A member named wingman posted his list of apps, which I have found to be very comprehensive and a good place to start:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/13087-wait-me-2.html

If you have good reader, you can save it for future reference. I hope you enjoy your new iPad.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Then pay full price.

Nice answer! When every other retailer in America is offering 20 to 40% off electronics on Black Friday Apple can't even part with a measly 5 - 10%. Not much of an incentive to me to run out and buy one. To believe that a $41.00 discount is a great deal is ridiculous. But, Apple knows that they're going to sell a zillion units this Holiday Season and they want to keep profits high. I get it. Do you?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then pay full price.

Nice answer! When every other retailer in America is offering 20 to 40% off electronics on Black Friday Apple can't even part with a measly 5 - 10%. Not much of an incentive to me to run out and buy one. To believe that a $41.00 discount is a great deal is ridiculous. But, Apple knows that they're going to sell a zillion units this Holiday Season and they want to keep profits high. I get it. Do you?

So what if it wasn't as much as other retailers are offering. The OP still got a better deal then I did.

You sound like you're very bitter at Apple (no pun intended) for some reason. iPad is in high demand in a down economy. That's just the way capitalism works. If iPad wasn't doing well of course there would be more discounts.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then pay full price.

They would sell a zillion units without any discount at all, so giving any discount is pretty nice.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But, Apple knows that they're going to sell a zillion units this Holiday Season and they want to keep profits high. I get it. Do you?

Probably not as well as you, I will admit. But if I really wanted something, $41 isn't a deal breaker AND the OP paid $41 less than me!

Good for him!

Who stole your cookie? You sound so angry.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Not angry or bitter at all. Just looking at it realistically... EVERY other electronic manufacturer in the country had killer deals this weekend except Apple. This so-called great deal is no such thing and I'd wish people would stop saying so. It's a small discount and is a bit insulting to most savy consumers in this season of huge price discounts and slashes. It's a gesture that stinks of reduced manufacturing costs on supplier parts passed on to the customer in the guise of a discount. Otherwise, you'd have $41.00 off the smallest model and increasing discounts off the larger models. Yes, Apple rarely has sales on their product. Yes, Apple's profit margins are high. Yes, I purchased my wi-fi 64gb unit at list price and feel it worth every penny I paid. But, realistically? No, this small discount is not much of an incentive for me to run out and buy another one. Sorry if my post came off as angry or bitter I was just calling it like I see it, IMO. Quite frankly, I'm very surprised more people don't agree.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Sorry if my post came off as angry or bitter I was just calling it like I see it, IMO. Quite frankly, I'm very surprised more people don't agree.

No worries! You just said what you felt with lots of compassion. Can come off as being pissed that someone stole your cookie.

:D

Like I've never been accused of that before!

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Ken

Congratulations! Thanks for spreading the word. Deals on iPads are hard to find.

Do they give you a choice of who to get your data from or is it just AT&T? I ask because Verizon IMHO is a better provider and they are now selling the iPad as well.

Don't know about the data...just bought the I-Pad wi-fi with the warentee and that was it. They also give you a card for the one-on one instruction after December 26th. I think this is normally worth $99.00...Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts