What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 When?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As posted on a separate thread, Apple have just released the 4.2 GM to developers, so we should be on the final straight before public release now...

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading 4.2 GM from Apple as I write this.... Yay! Good sign.

rmart73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App upgrades are automatics. I am having trouble with the app store app. In preview of apps to purchase the horizontal scroll does not function ie looking at each slide of thee applications preview. Any one else having similar problems. I am running the latest 4.2 and iTunes

yeah i have that problem on some apps in the store , im on 4.2 beta 3, but im not sure if its a firmware issue or else it would happen every time. and the updates arent automatic, you can choose which ones you update or not.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had 8 different apps flag with an update ready. That is a record for one day... Several mentioned 4.2 compatibility. I would say the developers are gearing up for a release soon.

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odds are after the iOS 4.0 mess they might stagger who gets it first (regionally). Anyone want to run out to the sports book in vegas and see what odds are running on this... :eek:

drock99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Engadget had the date at either today (9th) or the 12th based on carrier updates.

I'm just waiting on the atv2 update. I cannot believe they haven't pushed that already.

I also got a developer email from Apple late last night (thought it was go time!) that again called for developers to submit apps. The funny thing is that amoung the features of 4.2 - airplay was nowhere to be found....

CHgSx0S

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't wait!

I can, and I plan to. With millions of iPads out there, the servers will swamped the first week or two. I'd also like to watch it simmer a bit among the early adopters and get an idea of it's real-word advantages.

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Engadget had the date at either today (9th) or the 12th based on carrier updates.

I'm just waiting on the atv2 update. I cannot believe they haven't pushed that already.

I also got a developer email from Apple late last night (thought it was go time!) that again called for developers to submit apps. The funny thing is that amoung the features of 4.2 - airplay was nowhere to be found....

CHgSx0S

You are right, AirPlay was not mentioned in the email, but it works with APTV...just the audio for now...we need that darn update to APTV for video...I hope.

Most reactions

Latest posts