What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g routers

rww002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know of any routers that I could connect my tethering iphone to? I emailed cradlepoint and they said there router cannot because the iphone tethering is through a third party. thanks for any help.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do? I see you are trying to connect to a router, but why?

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you trying to distribute Internet access provided by your iphone to either wifi-connected or wired-connected PCs/laptops?

there used to be this Kyocera router that you could connect USB phones to that accomplished exactly that, but it wouldn't work with an iphone and is and older device.

most folks are using WM and Android phones as wifi routers in this way... I thought there was an iphone app that would do the same, but perhaps it requires a JB iphone. And none of that would do wired connections... However it is possible to use a Wifi router in combination with a Wifi phone with 3G to do this if you know what you're doing... you need to disable the NAT and DHCP functions of the router and use it like a hub for a LAN. The router function would be done by the phone's Wifi router app.

oh and any laptop could also do this function...

Most reactions