What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 things missing from iPad that really annoy me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
While it is true that not many devices do have hardware brightness control, c'mon this is apple..they normally think of this stuff. As a major contender in the ebook sector now, the iPad will likely take over the kindle for ebooks and having a manual adjuster on the side for late night reading is really a no brainer. I'm sure 2nd gen will have it.

I hope you're right. The switch for screen orientation lock is handy when I'm reading, seems like the brightness switch would go hand in hand with it......

My biggest gripe though is still my old whine about no arrow keys or forward delete on the keyboard.............

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one really glaring omission, for me, is the ludicrous manner in which you need to switch from one email account to another (within the same app)! Astonishing that we're at version 3.2 and this still hasn't been addressed.

Cheers,

Simon

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one really glaring omission, for me, is the ludicrous manner in which you need to switch from one email account to another (within the same app)! Astonishing that we're at version 3.2 and this still hasn't been addressed.

Cheers,

Simon

Fixed in 4.0, I have it on my iPhone and it's an awesome fix!

James Goddard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But that's just one more set of buttons to accidentally touch on the side. I'm glad it's software controlled.

As a Kindle 1 owner, I couldn't agree more. If you look at a Kindle funny it changes the page. And as it is I chain the volume accidentally far too often on the iPad. No more side buttons. Arrows on the keyboard would be nice though.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know, as much as I like the iBooks interface compared to the Kindle interface, now that I am reading a book with the Kindle app, I hate not knowing what page your on, but I have noticed that I do not accidentally change the page like I sometimes did in iBooks.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 9gen has something called true tone it adjusts your screen based on the light in the room where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions