What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Different User Names On iTunes

skycarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stumped, and if I am in the wrong place, just tell me where to go. It is happening on my wife's iPad2 so that is why I am here.

On my wife's iPad2 we are having conflicts with the App store. At log-in to the app store, the popup screen sometimes asks for a password using one apple ID and other times it asks for a password using another apple ID. Her Apple ID is xxx02 (not her real user name) which equals her yahoo address, which she used to activate iCloud. When she goes to the App store to update her apps, the popup date entry screen asking for her password, shows and Apple ID using another email address which happens to be her daily email address using Apple Mail. She did register her iMac using the second ID and password, but not her iPad2. To clarify, she has two email addresses, one for daily mail using Mail, and a second email address using yahoo.com. Sometimes the App store shows one ID and sometimes it shows another ID, of which both have different passwords.

Is it possible that she has two Apple accounts with two different ID's? If so, how do I get her back to a single ID? If not, where do I go to get this problem resolved.

TIA,

Dean

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi dean, it really does sound like you have 2 iTunes accounts going on. It appears that some of the apps were "bought" by one account and same with the other. That is probably why you are being asked for 2 different passwords assigned to the account you purchased from. Can you check settings/AppStore to check to see what your iTunes account email is. I am not sure if it will show both, but worth a check.

Also, try to see if you can obtain additional information from this search:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/60841-2-different-user-names-itunes.html

OP
skycarp

skycarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked her iMac iTunes account and it is under one user name. I checked her iPad iTunes account and it is under the second name.

Thanks.

Most reactions