What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1TB HDD on iPad2 - step by step guide - Camera Connection Kit

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Danfozzy said:
Sweet, got a feeling it must be my USB hub that's not playing, gonna wait on my split y cable!

Can I ask how you formatted for hdd just so I can rule that out?

Needs to be FAT32 from what I recall...

Danfozzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aye, it's just the original poster saying something about lba, not sure how to go about that and can't seem to find an answer on it

Scratch that, acronis disc director can format it to fat32 lba

Last edited:

Iseman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a powered hub with a compact flash card read and an external hard drive? I'm interested in the idea of transferring from cf to hd without having to copy to the iPad first.

Cms3717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sound like the ultimate car stereo solution! Ignore the nay Sayers that can't understand us tech junkies:) this could be all wired into the dash and out perforn ANY current head unit at half the price. That says a lot, considering the high price of an iPad:)

Iseman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sound like the ultimate car stereo solution! Ignore the nay Sayers that can't understand us tech junkies:) this could be all wired into the dash and out perforn ANY current head unit at half the price. That says a lot, considering the high price of an iPad:)

I've seen this done, I wonder how many times you can "split" the 30 pin dock. You wild want to use the dock output for digital output. Of course I wonder if anyone has tried an external sound card. Otherwise you are rather limited on how the output can e "divided" up. If its something you are seriously considering shoot me a PM, I am out of the stereo game now. However a friend of mine owns a shop and has done this already (minus the hard drive)

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post nebunuloko! I have this working with JB iPad2 (IOS 5.0.1), CCK, 500gb Seagate GoFlex drive, and a NewTrent IMP70D (7000mAh battery pack) for a completely portable solution. I can play movies straight off the external drive or from a folder I copy them from the drive to the iPad in using the iFile Video Player. Is there a way to get these movies to show up in the stock Video application?

Danfozzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you toggle the hardrive in sbsettings, how long does it take before the hardrive becomes accessible?

For meself, with either a 1tb or a 500gb fat32 formatted hardrive it takes about 2 mins before I can access the hardrive?

Just a pain to wait for it to become ready! I'm using a 3rd party cck (from eBay) could that be the snag?

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As this is about using the CCK with a jail broken iPad, no, this will not work with the iPad3 as the new iPad has not been jail broken.

Marilyn

I use an AirStash+ to get unlimited storage on my IOS devices.... even the unjailbroken iPad "3"...... just swap out SD cards for more storage.
You can even copy pictures from SD card to iPad and to a new blank SD card in field! I backed up camera cards while on cruise without computer! Going to Tanzania on Safari and wanted a simple picture backup solution without electricity & internet!

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which Camera Connection / Card Reader Kit are/ have you used for this (even on iPad 1/2 or before)? Can any Camera Kit/ Card Reader from DXtreme be used?

Anyone test this on the new jailbroken firmware.

New iPad 3
and
iOS 5.1 / 5.1.1 ?

Please check.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, now the iPad3 is jailbroken you can use the CCK to mount external storage and use iFile.

andythilo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to resurrect an old post, however can someone tell me where I put videos in order to play them through OPlayer HD? I can't find the directory :(. If I click on a movie and select OPlayer, nothing happens.

Thanks

Andy

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to resurrect an old post, however can someone tell me where I put videos in order to play them through OPlayer HD? I can't find the directory :(. If I click on a movie and select OPlayer, nothing happens.

Thanks

Andy

You can place videos in /var/mobile/Applications/OPlayerHD/

It should have a sub directory My Documents. If you have trouble, just cut and paste the file around until you see it in OPlayer HD.

Here's a guide with more information on connecting external storages to your iPad http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/71951-using-external-storage-devices-ipad.html

On a side note, you should make that a shortcut or a bookmark using iFile to make the process easier and faster.

Last edited:

Most reactions