What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won’t charge

shoe0402

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys I have an iPad 6th gen and it won’t charge!! The charging cable is loose in the port. I have tried cleaning it and using other chargers but none will work. Is it easy to replace a charging port in these or not? I have gotten quotes of $150 and up to fix this depending on what is wrong. I’d rather do it myself if possible. Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi guys I have an iPad 6th gen and it won’t charge!! The charging cable is loose in the port. I have tried cleaning it and using other chargers but none will work. Is it easy to replace a charging port in these or not? I have gotten quotes of $150 and up to fix this depending on what is wrong. I’d rather do it myself if possible. Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum - :) If not already done, checkout Apple's Support Article HERE. Also take a look at the iFixit Website - from my search, the question has been asked at the link, just scroll down for a potential answer, if you want to try a repair yourself. Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.40.06 AM.png

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get a toothpick and make sure there isn’t some lint in the port. Twice I have had your symptoms on my iPhone, and both times it was due to lint in the port.

Most reactions