What's new

iPad won’t charge

shoe0402

iPF Noob
Joined
Sep 28, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I have an iPad 6th gen and it won’t charge!! The charging cable is loose in the port. I have tried cleaning it and using other chargers but none will work. Is it easy to replace a charging port in these or not? I have gotten quotes of $150 and up to fix this depending on what is wrong. I’d rather do it myself if possible. Thanks
 
Hi guys I have an iPad 6th gen and it won’t charge!! The charging cable is loose in the port. I have tried cleaning it and using other chargers but none will work. Is it easy to replace a charging port in these or not? I have gotten quotes of $150 and up to fix this depending on what is wrong. I’d rather do it myself if possible. Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum - :) If not already done, checkout Apple's Support Article HERE. Also take a look at the iFixit Website - from my search, the question has been asked at the link, just scroll down for a potential answer, if you want to try a repair yourself. Good luck - Dave

.
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.40.06 AM.webp
 
Get a toothpick and make sure there isn’t some lint in the port. Twice I have had your symptoms on my iPhone, and both times it was due to lint in the port.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom