What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st April problem with calendar

bobdew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been entering items in my calendar and found that when I put somethinig in for 1st April it keeps changing the end time by about 2 hours.
Any one else spotted this problem.
Any one got any solutions.
Ipad2 running IOS5

Example entry
07:25 start
08:50 end

changes end to 10:50

If I put the exact same entry for another date it works fine.

Robert

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi bob-

Have you tried to do the following? Might be worth trying the first 2 steps first to see if that helps...

1. Force iTunes to close?*
2. Try to restart your iPad?*
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky:
Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.*

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Also-

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain many sections that cover the iPad *App Store, Help, General Discussion, Accessories, Ipad Education and Business. The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

If you have not already, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Finally, please take a moment to read our Forum rules: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
B

bobdew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try all of that and apart form threatening it with sudden death and teacher it a lot of new words it is refusing to play ball.
Any other day of the year is fine except 1st April.

OP
B

bobdew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's kind of the conclusion I've come to. Failing that the device has picked up a virus.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can't duplicate it.

Are you using iCloud to sync your calendar? If so try turning it off in the iCloud settings (delete the events on the iPad) then turning it back on again. Wouldn't hurt to check iCloud.com first to make sure your online events are in good order.

Unless you are jailbroken, your's be the first (that I've heard of) iPad user to get a virus. Even with jailbreaking it takes terrible luck and unsafe app shopping habits.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts