What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar syncing problems - Ipad2 to Mac

poqal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I upgraded my Mac to Lion and IOS devices to 5.0.1 I can sync recurring calendar entries to iPad and iPhone from the Mac using advanced settings on iTunes (Replacing calendars with info only from my mac)
However, when I do a regular sync I get an error message on my Mac "Syncing with xxx iPad will change more than 25% of your calendars, events or to dos on this computer. The before has the correct info. The after has a start and end for the next day. If I don't stop the sync I get an event listed twice on two separate days.

I have spoken with the tech department several times and all of my time zones are correct and I've got iCloud turned off (what a mess).

Has anyone else had a problem like this and discovered a fix? Could it just be a New Zealand problem? Please advise.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use google to sync my calendar, easier and better that way, and i am using a Mac(iCal).
Google for both calendar and notes, I'm using iCloud for contacts, reminders, bookmarks, find my apple devices.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
He. Welcome to the forum.

Syncing directly to the Mac is the worst way to sync. It's a legacy from before better ways existed.

Seriously. Turn off all the syncing in iTunes.

Backup your calendars and contacts using the export options in iCal and Address Book on the iMac, just to be on the safe side: one of each format just to be sure you can import it back to just about anywhere later.

Get an iCloud account and sync your Mac to it. Don't bother trying to set up individual accounts, just go to the System Preferences and turn on those services you want.

Check iCloud.com to make sure everything got there.

Then turn on iCloud for your iPad under Settings > iCloud.

Or if you've got philosophical (or other) objections to iCloud, use Google. The only reason to sync directly to the Mac is if you have no other choice. It causes conflicts, and it only happens when you do a direct sync with the computer, and it is unavailable from anywhere but the computer or iPad.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use google to sync my calendar, easier and better that way, and i am using a Mac(iCal).
Google for both calendar and notes, I'm using iCloud for contacts, reminders, bookmarks, find my apple devices.

the only reason i said i was using google, is because i was using google before iCloud was available.
i also had setup my iCal to use google too.

use the iCloud info in the post above.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only reason I went with iCloud is that the OP seemed to already have the account and it 'should' be easier to set up. I'm an old MobileMe user, so I'm probably a bit biased. ;)

Most reactions