What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 ways to use the Apple iPad in the Classroom

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now all the schools need is ten ways to pay for them.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought this up in another forum about the same thing ..but could you even think about this wieght that is taken off you child back by going to a simple ipad as the school system for books and turning in reports that where do..

by renting the child or letting the family buy it out right along with a basic package of the following items

-x-ipad unit-x-16.gb model for basic use ..that should hold a year worth of books with it programs and have a little left over for the child to maybe put some music on it to listen to in study hall..the books programs can not be easered to let the child get more space for the music..that a safe guard bult into the unit program for the school ..
-x-ipad keyboard for home use for typeing up books reports and turning them in .
-x-ipad power cord unit
-x-screen cleaner cloth
-x-store bought earphones to listen to e-books or listen ..
-x-simple slip case to protect the unit ..

then think about the basic items your child would have to take to school with them each day

a backpack loaded with the following items

-x-ipad with access items in own carrying case
-x-pad of paper and pens for basic note takeing in the class room

that it no books to lug around ..maybe a lunch for the child ..but look like the wieght that was taken off the child back for school

think about the money that is saved each year on the amount of school supplies that each parent has to buy for the child ..that could be cut down to a bare basic items as it need .

if the family can not aford to rent or buy the unit ..there should be a way where child can get them by haveing apple give somemany a way per year ..they can write the amount off at the end of the year when it comes to taxs credits for school program ..

each year the child books are loaded onto the ipad when you bring them to school for the pre registation for the school year

so when that day you show up for pre-reg ..the ipad issused to the child with the child and parent is sign the paperwork about the unit ..then the child goes over the a table where three or four computers have been sit up and the school -e-books for the classroom are put onto the unit with each classroom that the-e- books has has own ind icon for the class .so miss jones class is not bother by mr white class e-books ..

so that way the when the first day of class the child comes with the ipad fully loaded and ready to go that day .. no let get the year started by makeing sure everyone has there books things.. it there on the ipad and if the books system fails the teach can hook it up to here class room computer and reload the book program back into the ipad for it use in the classroom ..

with the teacher keeping a eye on the student along with the teacher can email the mom or dad telling them that johnny or lola has not turned in there homework assignment for the week ..plus giveing the updates on the child classroom perfomce and what areas the child needs to inprove on in weekly emails that can be written doing the week and waited intill friday afternoon to go out ..

along with e-type report cards per month the keeps the family updated on how the child is doing in school..

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plus think about this one the kid can email there home work to the teacher computer system and automatic email is sent to the parents when the child home work has been turned in ..

so when the work is done mom and dad can go ok your homework is done go and play now ..

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as stated to often.....people just started to grasp the idea, what they can use the iPad for and the applications for it will skyrocket.

S

sanjmeh

henry2 said:
plus think about this one the kid can email there home work to the teacher computer system and automatic email is sent to the parents when the child home work has been turned in ..

so when the work is done mom and dad can go ok your homework is done go and play now ..

I like your idea. By the way this is being planned already in a new product that will track homework turn-ins. Have you got any more such ideas the you need built into the 1:1 iPad plan for a classroom?

Thanks

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a teacher at a middle school. I like the ideas that you have presented. My only concern is parents being responsible for making sure their kids keep up with their devices. I see high school doing better with this. My daughter's middle school has an iPad cart, they use them in their history classes.

S

sanjmeh

iluvmyipad said:
I am a teacher at a middle school. I like the ideas that you have presented. My only concern is parents being responsible for making sure their kids keep up with their devices. I see high school doing better with this. My daughter's middle school has an iPad cart, they use them in their history classes.

I think kids are amazing in taking care of the iPad, even younger ones, and anyway once they take out their iPads in class the teacher can monitor no unruly behaviour. Middle school is fine therefore, don't worry.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I was still in school when all this iPad U stuff came out. Just graduated when the iPad was released. Too bad...

Most reactions

Latest posts