What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 iTunes, 2 different user,s devices?

tokyodan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I activate & sync my Mother's iPad in the same iTunes that my private iPhone is linked to? Can I specify which apps go on which device?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, in the same computer i have register 3 iPhones and 2 iPad and all have device doesn’t have the same app … one of the 3 iPhone is also sync with two other notebook (of course same iTunes Account)

The only one point is when you download directly from a device an app’s, when you sync with a computer you will be prompted if you wana upload it (this take time depending on how many app’s you have inside the device)

PS: all are automatic sync , i have just select witch app, music or movie i want in each device … and all run perfectly

Hope it help

PS: All are in the same iTunes account, i have one time sync a device with an other iTunes account and also work fine just close my one and open the other one but you can install app’s from other account example:

Device 1 have Pages be buy by : [email protected]

Device 2 have Number be buy by: [email protected] :D

You can’t install app from device 1 in device 2 and the reverse is the same

Last edited:

xiutian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I have 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and 3 Ipod Touches synced on mine. Just remember to Transfer Purchases before syncing or transferring apps to the device.

xiutian

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually, you can. My father's iPad is registered under his own account but I am able to install apps bought using my iPad to his (for e.g. Stockwatch, Chinese Chess Master HD). I have both his and my accounts authorised on my PC.

The only apps that can't be transferred are JB related apps.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually, you can. My father's iPad is registered under his own account but I am able to install apps bought using my iPad to his (for e.g. Stockwatch, Chinese Chess Master HD). I have both his and my accounts authorised on my PC.

The only apps that can't be transferred are JB related apps.

Hi i have try it and didn’t work … maybe is if the app’s are also available in two country (or itunes store)

But i if it’s coming from US itunes and you have China or SG account that doesn’t work

that’s easy to understand otherwise you buy an app’s and distribute the .ipa file all over the world … i dream to find a go around about that but seem’s is impossible based on a friend developer

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You definitely can transfer apps bought on one account to more than one person's iPad. We have 3 iPhones/3 ipads, we sync with 3 different iTunes accounts, each on a different computer! All you have to do is authorize each account on each computer, and you can transfer the apps, music, etc to any of the devices.

At one time, a friend of mine sent me a message saying he and his partner had each just bought a game they wanted me to try. My first question was, why did they each buy it? I was very surprised that people didn't know you could authorize multiple accounts and share apps!

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You definitely can transfer apps bought on one account to more than one person's iPad. We have 3 iPhones/3 ipads, we sync with 3 different iTunes accounts, each on a different computer! All you have to do is authorize each account on each computer, and you can transfer the apps, music, etc to any of the devices.

At one time, a friend of mine sent me a message saying he and his partner had each just bought a game they wanted me to try. My first question was, why did they each buy it? I was very surprised that people didn't know you could authorize multiple accounts and share apps!

Surely from the same country … i have try to install app’s from France in my SG account didn’t work even with authorized computer …. if you go in international part of the forum you can read thread about that otherwise we didn’t need to set US account for got iBook’s and iWork ….

For change the subject i believe it’s kind of nightmare for the Apple staff in charge of the right in iTunes store with so many country request and policy

Most reactions

Latest posts