What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change in the Tuff-Luv iPad case...

Tenroe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone planning on ordering the Tuff Luv case for your iPad. I have just received mine (wont have my ipad untill August 11th!) and they have made one small change in the construction of the case that could make or break the case for you.

The flap used for holding the case shut is portrayed on their website and in stores as having a button clasp but upon receiving it Ive noticed mine is simply a loop and a piece of leather to slide throguh said loop.

All other button snaps are still on the case but the closing system itself is now pretty much non existent as the leather flap is VERY short and slides right out of the loop.

Like I said just a heads up it's not the biggest deal in the world. Im going to put a piece of velcro on mine to replace the snap button. CANNOT WAIT TO TEST IT OUT WITH IPAD FOR REALS THOUGH!

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone planning on ordering the Tuff Luv case for your iPad. I have just received mine (wont have my ipad untill August 11th!) and they have made one small change in the construction of the case that could make or break the case for you.

The flap used for holding the case shut is portrayed on their website and in stores as having a button clasp but upon receiving it Ive noticed mine is simply a loop and a piece of leather to slide throguh said loop.

All other button snaps are still on the case but the closing system itself is now pretty much non existent as the leather flap is VERY short and slides right out of the loop.

Like I said just a heads up it's not the biggest deal in the world. Im going to put a piece of velcro on mine to replace the snap button. CANNOT WAIT TO TEST IT OUT WITH IPAD FOR REALS THOUGH!

If I were you I'd contact them and have them explain why the made the change and why it shows differently on the website.

OP
Tenroe

Tenroe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not to bothered though. Like I said ill be fine with a piece of velcro. Just thought everyone else should get a heads up.

That being said though Ive just checked their site and while the main page does show the clasp and most video reviews show the clasp once you go to the products page some photos show a clasp and some on show the flap. Theyre probably in the process of making a switch over or something.

No big deal really people make changes and updates to item's all the time.:)

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the snap on mine.....really nice case though!!

OP
Tenroe

Tenroe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like mine also. Do you people think that Tuf Luv is real leather?

Seems synthetic to me really and I would have thought it would cost more if it was real leather. Doesn't really bother me though because I wouldnt want to ruin real leather and my case is mainly to protect against the element lol.

Nice case all around though. Ive actually started to like the flap and it's more sturdy than I initially thoguht. ive thrown the case across the room onto my bed and it never opened up.

That little flap really did its job lol.

john.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered this case and I love it from what I hear about it online. Do you think I could use a thin case with my iPad and use it with this at the same time?

john.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my case in the mail via Amazon and the buttons were damaged beyond belief. Sigh. Oh and I got the new design as well. I like both designs so it doesn't bother me. So since I'm going away on Friday, Amazon is going to give me an advanced refund once I ship it out tomorrow morning and I just ordered another with $4 overnight shipping (Amazon Prime:)). Hope this works out well.

Most reactions

Latest posts