ZAGGfolio keyboard for iPad 2-4 case won’t connect to iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPAD 4 Accessories' started by Alex Gabe M, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Alex Gabe M

Alex Gabe M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ive tried charging, a hard reset, on my iPhone 7, disconnecting and reconnecting several times. I am at a loss at what to try. It was a re-gift, so I don’t think there’s much hope for support from ZAGG. I am just wondering if there is anything else I can try before I give up.

What happens is, I turn on the keyboard, the light flashes as it should, I click the connect button which flashes non stop, then I go to the Bluetooth settings, toggle it on, ‘ZAGG keyboard’ comes up as an option. I select it. It asks me to type a code on the keyboard and hit enter. I do this, moments pass, and I’m assuming the pairing times out and I receive the message that the pairing was unsuccessful and that I should make sure they are in range and ready for pairing (they are next to each other... I have tried various distances too just to be sure it wasn’t tooo close).

I am very sad that it didn’t immediately work. Any ideas if this could be an issue with my OS? Do I need to version up or down? Factory reset? Or give up?

I’ll take all the advice I can get!

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a problem with connecting to any other Bluetooth devices?

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, have you checked the keyboard’s batteries? Or if it has built in batteries, have you charged them?

I know it seems obvious, but I’ve often found my weird bluetooth keyboard problems turn out to be low batteries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Alex Gabe M

Alex Gabe M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried connecting my ipad to anything else yet, but my phone connects well to my wireless speaker and wireless headphones (both disconnected at the time), and I have less than 4 remembered devices, I know that sometimes it maxes out at 5.
    Ill try to connect my ipad to something else tonight!

5. Alex Gabe M

Alex Gabe M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Its built in. I thought that could be it too. I charged it for an hour and tried it, and then I left it charging overnight just to see if that does the trick. But its holding power, at least enough to run the lights, and i also tried to pair while it was charging to see if maybe it wasnt holding enough power.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Oh well. So much for the easy fix.

If you can find the manual/instructions for it online, there might be a key combo you can use to reset it when powering on. That’s the only other thing I can think of.

7. Alex Gabe M

Alex Gabe M
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thats a great idea! Ill start googling and see if I can find something. If you (or anyone) comes across something like this, I'll gladly try!

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Good luck.