What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night, my keyboard failed to connect. This is not the first time this has happened, it has happened many times before. What I havee noticed is that it keeps getting more difficult to reconnect the darn thing.

From time to time I think it's a good idea to shut the iPad down. Even my iMac gets a shut down once a week. Last night I had to remove the wireless keyboards pairing and have it search, fine bluetooth items and then it gave me the code to punch in to pair again.

I'm not the only one having this problem, I googled the heck out of it trying to find a resolution but I came up empty.

So if anybody else has had this issue, have you figured out what it takes to make it recognize the keyboard after a boot? This seems to happen about once every 4 or 5 reboots.

I appreciate any responses.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
Last night, my keyboard failed to connect. This is not the first time this has happened, it has happened many times before. What I havee noticed is that it keeps getting more difficult to reconnect the darn thing.

From time to time I think it's a good idea to shut the iPad down. Even my iMac gets a shut down once a week. Last night I had to remove the wireless keyboards pairing and have it search, fine bluetooth items and then it gave me the code to punch in to pair again.

I'm not the only one having this problem, I googled the heck out of it trying to find a resolution but I came up empty.

So if anybody else has had this issue, have you figured out what it takes to make it recognize the keyboard after a boot? This seems to happen about once every 4 or 5 reboots.

I appreciate any responses.

I use the Apple Wireless Keyboard often. It has never failed to pair form me, although sometimes I have to touch it twice to get "Connected." I don't keep many programs open in the background.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My original keyboard, which I got before my iPad never had that issue. It's just this one. I don't get ti.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe take it in along with the iPad if it's less than a year old?

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:
My original keyboard, which I got before my iPad never had that issue. It's just this one. I don't get ti.

I had that problem a few times, then I noticed if I pushed the pair button about 1 second after I turned on blue tooth, it connected immediately.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem isn't in getting it paired, but rather having it reconnect after it's paired and the iPad shuts off.

The problem with the idea of going to the store and having them look at it is it doesn't happen all the time. So if I make an appointment I have no guarantee that the problem will occur at that time.

I'm still in my warranty and I did purchase the apple protection plan for support. I suppose if I called I could get a refurb shipped out. I also have a problem with the USB connector and that is intermittent as well.

You know it just occurred to me that I may also have it paired with my iMac. I'll double check and if it is, I'll remove that.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
The problem isn't in getting it paired, but rather having it reconnect after it's paired and the iPad shuts off.

The problem with the idea of going to the store and having them look at it is it doesn't happen all the time. So if I make an appointment I have no guarantee that the problem will occur at that time.

I'm still in my warranty and I did purchase the apple protection plan for support. I suppose if I called I could get a refurb shipped out. I also have a problem with the USB connector and that is intermittent as well.

You know it just occurred to me that I may also have it paired with my iMac. I'll double check and if it is, I'll remove that.

Intermittent problems are the worst. It may very well be the iMac, I did have a similar problem when mine was paired to two machines.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:

Intermittent problems are the worst. It may very well be the iMac, I did have a similar problem when mine was paired to two machines.
I finally got around to looking at it, and indeed it was paired but not connected to the iMac. So I have removed it from the list of paired devices. I will try turning my iPad off again and hopefully not have this issue any longer.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
I finally got around to looking at it, and indeed it was paired but not connected to the iMac. So I have removed it from the list of paired devices. I will try turning my iPad off again and hopefully not have this issue any longer.

I'm pretty sure that that will resolve things for you. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts