What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Bluetooth / Motorola Wireless Keyboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anytimeuwnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Newbie here. My iPad 1 will not connect to the new motorola bluetooth keyboard. It finds the keyboard, but when I hit pair a pop up box appears and dissapears within a second. It talks about entering a passkey (1875 I think) into the keyboard, but it goes to quick. Then the message that pair was unsuccessful.

According to my research, the Keyboard supports HID, and motorola says it should work.

1. Can I manually change the bluetooth password on my iPad?
2. Anyone have any work arounds for this issue?
3. Is there an app that could help me?

My iPad 1 is running 4.2.1 and works with other Motorola stereo headsets. S9HD to be specific.

I have factory reset the keyboard and still nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bryan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Newbie here. My iPad 1 will not connect to the new motorola bluetooth keyboard. It finds the keyboard, but when I hit pair a pop up box appears and dissapears within a second. It talks about entering a passkey (1875 I think) into the keyboard, but it goes to quick. Then the message that pair was unsuccessful.

According to my research, the Keyboard supports HID, and motorola says it should work.

1. Can I manually change the bluetooth password on my iPad?
2. Anyone have any work arounds for this issue?
3. Is there an app that could help me?

My iPad 1 is running 4.2.1 and works with other Motorola stereo headsets. S9HD to be specific.

I have factory reset the keyboard and still nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bryan

I don't have this particular Bluetooth keyboard but I have a similar one but have not experienced this problem. Indeed, I haven't seen other members report problems in pairing a Bluetooth keyboard. On my particular keyboard the default pass code was '0000' though, so I wondered where the number you were using comes from. I'm assumed too that you've tried the power-off, power-on reset on the iPad (you mention you've reset the keyboard but resetting the iPad too might help).

Hopefully other members with this particular keyboard will be able to report on their experiences.

Tim

Nether

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using the new motorola bt keyboard, to pair with the iPad, hold the V A and R keys on the keyboard when powering up the keyboard. (as mentioned in the keyboard guide)

Pair the keyboard using your iPad. Then you'll get a prompt to enter in a 4 digit passcode and enter on the keyboard. (it wont flash by like before) Presto!

lynned63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using the new motorola bt keyboard, to pair with the iPad, hold the V A and R keys on the keyboard when powering up the keyboard. (as mentioned in the keyboard guide)

Pair the keyboard using your iPad. Then you'll get a prompt to enter in a 4 digit passcode and enter on the keyboard. (it wont flash by like before) Presto!

I just wanted to say, I just got the New IPad (Ipad 3) and was having the same problem with my Motorola bluetooth keyboard. I tried your suggestion and it worked right away. THANK YOU!!

TVos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I was trying forever to connect my motorola bt keyboard and holding down the "v-a-r" keys as per the manual, but it was only by shutting down and restarting my pod that it was then able to connect. thanks for the suggestion!!!

beedeetee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yay!!!! i'm posting this using my Motorola keyboard. thank you for the help. this forum is my saving grace!!!! love ipad :)

scharamella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK now I have the keyboard working, is there a key command to refresh the page please ??

There are no function keys on it so I can't use F5...

thanks

Geeks on Hugs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was so amazed this worked with my iPad 4th generation I had to register and let you know! Awesome, thank you!

ghinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This also worked for me. I bought the keyboard for an Android Xoom tablet a couple years ago and it worked out of the box, but the iPad gen4 exhibited the same symptoms mentioned by the first posting. After holding the V-A-R keys on a power-up the key/PIN prompt on the ipad remained persistent and I was able to enter it on the keyboard and connect. Thank you!

Scott21578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My keyboard instruction manual does not even mention this V A and R trick. I struggled to get the keyboard to connect; found this suggestion and it worked right away. Thanks so much!

sfburke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth keyboard

Thank you! I was about to run out and buy an Apple keyboard until I read this.

marcdominic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't get any instructions so thank you for the supplied information - worked superb (V+A+R) on iPhone 5s (completely new to me as I used android previously and still do as well). Thanks for the advice, I shall now try to pair to my HTC as well. Worked fine on the Motorola Atrix out of the box without this setting BTW...

xPhysalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a hugh problem its always giving me the error:"Make sure "Keyboard" is turned on, in range and ready to pair." Its not connected with anything... I'm pressing the keys V A and R it doenst work as well

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got a hugh problem its always giving me the error:"Make sure "Keyboard" is turned on, in range and ready to pair." Its not connected with anything... I'm pressing the keys V A and R it doenst work as well

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Unfortunately, you're responding to a thread started several years ago and are unlikely to receive the attention needed - one of the moderators may close the thread.

I would suggest that you start your own thread in an appropriate forum and please provide some basic information: 1) What iPad are you using; 2) What iOS is installed (10.0.2 is the current version); and 3) Tell us about your keyboard (brand/model). Dave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts