What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I guess you have every right to publicly whip them for this screw up. However, I do think they will make it right in the long run.

That's not my intention but I do wish they would have adjusted their website. I'm very excited about the cases and have full confidence that these will be the best blue tooth keyboard cases on the Market for the new iPad. Zagg makes great products without a doubt!

swaggapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my Zagg from ATT and it clearly says for ipad2 and my magnets work just fine. I will say that the screen switch on/off very fast and for me to see this case actually work was to hold it up to where i can see it before it actually latches my screen goes off. My wife has the same case and works the same and these both were purchased from two separate ATT stores for our new ipad (3rd gen).

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You probably have a 50-50 shot at getting the correct magnet polarization. Since they weren't actually worried about polarization that would be the random statistic for the right polarization versus wrong.

fdkatz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So where are the magnets? I moved a paper clip all around the inside of the case and found no magnet. On the Smart Cover, the location of the magnet is immediately obvious. I called Zagg to complain that the case was not shutting off the iPad when closed and they promised to send me a new case when they are back in stock in a couple of weeks. So this dude will abide. Not so hard to hit the lock key just before closing anyway.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should've taken photos. It's on the front edge that the keyboard slides into about 2.5 to 3 inches from the left. If you remove the keyboard there's a panel that covers the backside of the edge along the whole length. It's hot glued in but I was able to gently pry it out then reversed the magnets and then snapped the panel back in. Magnets now work fine. The magnets are very tiny and not very strong. They are at the top of the leading edge and is very small little compartment. I actually added an additional magnet to beef it up.

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So where are the magnets? I moved a paper clip all around the inside of the case and found no magnet. On the Smart Cover, the location of the magnet is immediately obvious. I called Zagg to complain that the case was not shutting off the iPad when closed and they promised to send me a new case when they are back in stock in a couple of weeks. So this dude will abide. Not so hard to hit the lock key just before closing anyway.

Here watch my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZXNlF9rAs. Whenever you see the magnet latches on the case you will know where the magnet is.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I emailed Zagg yesterday to see when our 2 cases were coming. Hopefully with the delays they are just working to get all the kinks worked out so that the cases shipped will be excellent cases. It seems that some here have received some duds and I'm sure Zagg will stand behind their product. But I will say that I'm getting antsy!:)

roguenode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone seen the black leather zaggfolio? I ordered one, but am not sure what to expect in terms of coverage, quality and fit. Second guessing myself with this extended wait time and wondering if I should have gone carbon fiber. :)

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black leather ZAGGfolio. It's a quality leather bonded to a plastic shell. It covers the whole exterior except the very edge. The inside is black felt. I think you will be pretty happy with it.

It smells good to. :)

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have the black ones at best buy.. I ordered the red. I've had them before they are the only keyboard I use with iPad

roguenode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Paul. Looking forward to my black leather zagg again!

Those Oberon cases are impressive Patrizia. I picked up a leather incipio case locally last week as I needed something quick for a business trip, but I am still looking for something nicer.

Most reactions

Latest posts