What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

VSPOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just realized... Be wary of how much pressure you're using when squeezing the ipad 3 with your fingers to pull it out from the zaggfolio (designed for the ipad 2 but they say is compatible with the ipad 3).

When I have to pull my iPad 3 out of the zaggfolio, I can see the pixels turn purple around my thumb (the finger on the screen). No matter how light I try, the case is just too tight.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All these posts have me scared. I hope that mine is correct when it FINALLY does arrive! I can't wait to start using it for my online college courses so I can give my Samsung laptop to my brother.

Nokstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so heres an update. I got fed up and ended up peeling back the felt under where the ipad goes and i notice a retangle padding underneath. I took out the padding and replaced felt sheet. Now its easier to pull out.

I'm convinced they just slapped a sticker on the old one and sent it to me. Its rediculous that i had to do this just to get my ipad to pull out easier. Before doing this disection it took me literrally like 5 minutes and a sore wrist just to pull it out....unbelievable.

I dont feel like dealing with customer service anymore im just going to leave it alone since it is now working the way it was intended to work in the first place.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I had to do to get my 3 to fit in my 2 case, except I left a 1.5 x 1.5 strip in the center for a bit of resistance.

I was at AT&T today and the sales person told me the 2's fit. I had to say yes, kind of but not really.

Of coarse I bought a 2 for a 2 and modified it to fit my 3. All said it took 10 minutes to fix.

Last edited:

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought a Zagg folio from Best Buy with the BT keyboard. I didn't have force it to fit. It has all the parts including the instructions and the charge cable. And it definitely smells new. Yes it does say iPad 2 on the box with an iPad 3rd gen sticker on it. I hope I am talking about the same folio others are in this thread. But I don't feel cheated. Am I missing something or on a different page? Or am I the lucky one?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kinda sad that a company of Zagg's caliber or what I thought was a pretty high caliber is pulling this kinda crap. This is stuff you'd expect on some $20 eBay cases but these are $100 a pop. Zagg I really hoppy you are listening because if something similar comes out and you guys haven't cleaned this up with some nice PR some of us aren't going to forget!

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought a Zagg folio from Best Buy with the BT keyboard. I didn't have force it to fit. It has all the parts including the instructions and the charge cable. And it definitely smells new. Yes it does say iPad 2 on the box with an iPad 3rd gen sticker on it. I hope I am talking about the same folio others are in this thread. But I don't feel cheated. Am I missing something or on a different page? Or am I the lucky one?

So BB has them in stock and we can't even get ours from the manufacturer? That's a bummer! But it kinda goes with the flow of things since they already have my money why not send my case to BB and sell it to someone else while I patiently continue to wait.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what is going wrong here. Are they rebranding iPad 2 cases and hoping nobody notices or are they genuinely production mistakes. Until I can actually examine an "Official" ZAGGfolio iPad 3 (New iPad) case and see a demonstrable difference, I can't tell you.

I can say from my observations is the ONLY way you can get a iPad 3 to work with the ZAGGfolio as previously designed, without a complete redesign which is not necessary, is to reduce the thickness of the foam pad underneath the felt, or to eliminate it entirely. That is the ONLY thing I can see they need to do to make it work. Other than that, making sure the polarity of the Magnet for the Smart Off is the only thing they have to worry about.

As I have said here and on other threads, if you upgraded from a 2 to a 3 and you have a 2 ZAGGfolio case, it is a simple process to convert it and won;t take more than 30 minutes of your time, at the most.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree Paul but from this thread it sounds like several people have received some very poorly packaged product to say the least. How hard can it really be? I don't have a problem if they just have some minor adjustments to make to the iPad 2 cases. To me that's great news because that puts a great case for the new iPad in my hands much quicker. But that isn't how it's working out for whatever reason!

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
So BB has them in stock and we can't even get ours from the manufacturer? That's a bummer! But it kinda goes with the flow of things since they already have my money why not send my case to BB and sell it to someone else while I patiently continue to wait.

Sorry if I sounded like I was gloating. After re-reading the thread, I'd be upset if I was treated that way. It looks like the quality is hit or miss. I got the luck, of the draw.

I can vouch that they got the magnet parity correct. But the magnet only works with the keyboard inserted in the folio. I do find it easy to use wo/ the BT keyboard and laying the iPad nearly flat. I can even thumb type that way.

I had this same Zagg BT keyboard on my first gen iPad, but not in a folio. I recall it being hard to type with the narrow layout. Hope it works better this time. I have two Pug dogs on my lap right now and there's no way can I use the BT keyboard on a moving surface, lol!

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded like I was gloating. After re-reading the thread, I'd be upset if I was treated that way. It looks like the quality is hit or miss. I got the luck, of the draw.

I can vouch that they got the magnet parity correct. But the magnet only works with the keyboard inserted in the folio. I do find it easy to use wo/ the BT keyboard and laying the iPad nearly flat. I can even thumb type that way.

I had this same Zagg BT keyboard on my first gen iPad, but not in a folio. I recall it being hard to type with the narrow layout. Hope it works better this time. I have two Pug dogs on my lap right now and there's no way can I use the BT keyboard on a moving surface, lol!

No problem at all and I'm glad you're happy with your keyboard. I wish everyone was. I really hope Zagg gets it all worked out and really quick because they really do make excellent products.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update: It looks like the magnets work both with and without the BT keyboard in the folio.

I'd feel better if there was some felt added to the slot where the iPad slips into the keyboard. I worry about it scratching the edge of the iPad. Has that been a problem with the iPad 2?

It looks like the keyboard feels better than the one I used on my 1st gen iPad. I remember the older one feeling very un-natural. And the keys are quiet, so I can use it in meetings.

My folio is snug with the new iPad, but not tight. Makes me wonder how it can also work with the iPad 2.

Last edited:

thespinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am waiting patiently for my Zaggfolio for the new iPad. I have a question about the boxes being sold/sent out with stickers on them saying works with iPad 2 and the new iPad. Nowhere on Zagg's website do they sell a folio compatible with both iPads, look at the page for new iPad and the page for iPad 2 - both clearly state the folio case is compatible with one product only - so why are Zagg sending out boxes implying compatibility across both devices? I'm hoping my folio will be specifically for iPad 3 with a box that states this, but I fear this will not be the case. At least, thanks to posts on this forum, I know how to 'fix' it.

Most reactions

Latest posts