What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love those Oberon cases I've been looking at them for some time. I wish they would make a snap cover for the back that's compatible with the smart cover.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Oberon. Made in the US . Small family company in business 40 years. They design and create everything in house, no mass production ...they even cast their own pewter .. Those cases will outlast the devices by decades :) I PROMISE photos do not do them justice.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does the keyboard version of the folio have magnets? I really like the smart cover magnets and the auto lock feature. But I'd also like a keyboard secured to a case.

How does the keyboard compare to the Apple BT keyboard. I tried a Zagg keyboard on a first gen iPad and wasn't that impressed, as it was narrower than the Apple model.

Best Buy has the keyboard folio in stock for the 3rd gen iPad locally.

I'd like to hear some opinions...

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skallal said:
Does the keyboard version of the folio have magnets? I really like the smart cover magnets and the auto lock feature. But I'd also like a keyboard secured to a case.

How does the keyboard compare to the Apple BT keyboard. I tried a Zagg keyboard on a first gen iPad and wasn't that impressed, as it was narrower than the Apple model.

Best Buy has the keyboard folio in stock for the 3rd gen iPad locally.

I'd like to hear some opinions...

Yes it has magnets but hopefully they made sure they got the polarity of the magnets right. Apple changed the design to be polarity sensitive and didn't tell anyone.

The Zagg keyboard has iPad specific keys that the apple by keyboard does not. It is the same width as the landscape side of the iPad.

Last edited:

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are the magnets located? I felt around the surfaces for both the iPad and the keyboard spaces and didn't find them.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
Where are the magnets located? I felt around the surfaces for both the iPad and the keyboard spaces and didn't find them.

Magnets are internal on the iPad and on the ZAGGfolio I'll try to post some pictures later on today of the ZAGGfolio and where the magnets are.

The magnets on the iPad or not serviceable.

Nokstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recieved the zaggfolio for ipad 3 today...supposedly that is. It fits pretty much just as snug as the ipad 2 zaggfolio i returned to my local store before ordering this one!

Its fits..sure..its goes in ok...but taking it out is a real pain. The box had the works with ipad 3 sticker on it so i dont understand why this one is so snug like the last one. Am i the only one? Is there a sure fire way to tell that i do indeed have the ipad 3rd generation version?

Nokstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seen a video on youtube yesterday of a guy sowing how much easier it is to pull out with the ipad 3 version and mine doesnt pull out as easy. Im getting really frustrated with this considering i canceld my first order because they got the ship date wrong....now that i finally have one, it doesnt fit as good as expected.

Really love the case outside of the fit though.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my order so I'm not sure if my advice will help or not but here goes anyway. Do you think that the case may stretch out a little over a few weeks and be easier to remove in time? Maybe if you take your time and put it in and take it out 2-3 times a day it will loosen up. Just an idea. Let me know what you think as I'm still waiting for ours to arrive.

VSPOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I read these threads before I purchased my Zaggfolio for myself and my family.

The boxes says it's for the ipad 2 but a sticker says it's for the ipad 2 and 3; however, the instruction (I only received it in one box) says it's for the iPad 2.

Apparently, a lot of consumers probably returned their folios because it feels like I received a refurbished keyboard with a missing rubber padding on the bottom corner of the keyboard, missing instructions, and a missing micro-usb cable just for my zaggfolio.

The other zaggfolio looks like it was already used by someone because the edges that hold the iPad are bent. I guess it looks like someone didn't put the iPad in correctly.

The iPads do fit snug in the case but it's pretty difficult to pull them out.

I'm hoping there will be a fix to this shortly by Zagg!!!

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish I read these threads before I purchased my Zaggfolio for myself and my family.

The boxes says it's for the ipad 2 but a sticker says it's for the ipad 2 and 3; however, the instruction (I only received it in one box) says it's for the iPad 2.

Apparently, a lot of consumers probably returned their folios because it feels like I received a refurbished keyboard with a missing rubber padding on the bottom corner of the keyboard, missing instructions, and a missing micro-usb cable just for my zaggfolio.

The other zaggfolio looks like it was already used by someone because the edges that hold the iPad are bent. I guess it looks like someone didn't put the iPad in correctly.

The iPads do fit snug in the case but it's pretty difficult to pull them out.

I'm hoping there will be a fix to this shortly by Zagg!!!

Have you called their customer support? There is no need in you settling for refurbs that they can't even repackage correctly! These things are $100 a pop, call and get it worked out!

Most reactions

Latest posts