What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZaggFolio for iPad 3

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update. I made another Mod in addition to the Magnet Fix. I was reading up on other iPad 2 Cases being used on the iPad 3 and some people reported back that on some cases, it would mar the aluminum a bit. While this was not happening to me, the fit was just snug enough to make a bit nervous that over time it could. So, I gently peeled back the felt over the foam back and removed all but a 1.5" x 1.5" strip of foam in the center. I cut this strip with a knife on either side and then removed about 2.5" on each side. I left the center strip to give just a bit of resistance. The adhesive was very sticky so the felt laid back down and stuck as well as it was when I pulled it up. I slid the iPad 3 back in place and it went in very easily, as the stress on the edges was relieved. I am now very happy with it.

I really believe that Zagg has probably only removed the foam under the felt and changed the magnet configuration in the ZAGGpholio for the iPad 3. This is why the specs have not changed on the outer dimensions they show on their site.

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are definitely false advertising their product. I specifically ordered the new iPad Zaggfolio case, but they definitely did not send me the case. I called them, and they said they assured me that it was for the new iPad. Then why is there a number 2 inside of the case? Here is a video of what I'm talking about:

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atl7187 said:
They are definitely false advertising their product. I specifically ordered the new iPad Zaggfolio case, but they definitely did not send me the case. I called them, and they said they assured me that it was for the new iPad. Then why is there a number 2 inside of the case? Here is a video of what I'm talking about: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsp0cZjUTOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is there a foam pad underneath the lining near the top of the area the iPad slides in? You should be able to feel it or see it. If not you probably have a 3.

Does it fit? If it does does the magnet shut that iPad off? If yes to both I don't understand your problem. I think the only thing the had to do was either eliminate the foam or use a thinner piece. Everything else does not need to be changed. The felt would not change either.

My 2 has no mark in it.

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a foam pad underneath the lining near the top of the area the iPad slides in? You should be able to feel it or see it. If not you probably have a 3.

Does it fit? If it does does the magnet shut that iPad off? If yes to both I don't understand your problem. I think the only thing the had to do was either eliminate the foam or use a thinner piece. Everything else does not need to be changed. The felt would not change either.

My 2 has no mark in it.

No, the magnet does not shut it off. Also, it is really tight. Hard to push in and takes a lot of effort to take out. Yes, there is a thick foam pad near the top where it slides in. Funny, how everything works perfectly on my friends iPad 2, both the magnet and fit was perfect.

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My 2 has no mark in it.

Here is the video of it not working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZXNlF9rAs

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then I think you are right, you have the wrong ZAGGfolio. I modified mine which i purchased for my 2 to fit the 3 better. Removed most of the foam except a 1.5" center strip to hold in place and I had to reverse the Magnet around to get the 3 to shut off.

Call ZAGG, they will replace it.

Atl7187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then I think you are right, you have the wrong ZAGGfolio. I modified mine which i purchased for my 2 to fit the 3 better. Removed most of the foam except a 1.5" center strip to hold in place and I had to reverse the Magnet around to get the 3 to shut off.

Call ZAGG, they will replace it.

I did exactly that, but I feel like getting a replacement 3 weeks later does not quite satisfy me. I feel as though Zagg has took advantage of falsely advertise their product and inconvenienced me because it's not cheap buying their case. I'm definitely gonna do something about this.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my Zaggfolio for the New Ipad on March 9th in blue with the white keyboard and was told to expect it to **** bet march 23rd-and march 30th. I went back to the website last week, selected the same exact color case/keyboard and it showed to shipt bet march 21st-march 22nd, I contacted Zagg ? My ship date and the rep put me on hold to speak with her supervisor, she came back on the line and told me the website ship date was wrong my zagg would ship by the 30th as originally told, the customers ordering now would not get their Zaggfolio before me, her supervisor stated he would upgrade my shipping to 2nd day air. I said okay thanks. The Website over the past cple of days reflect diff dates each day, usually the next day or 2nd nexr day! Wtf! Has anyone ordered one in color with white keyboard and recieved it yet?

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well sorry to hear of the problems and confusion. Apple can be partly to blame because they keep all the specs secret until the release.

I love the ZAGGfolio. It's very convenient when I go to clients and need the keyboard or when traveling and I need the all in one.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No I don't think Apple can be held to blame for this as they are who they are and Zagg is just false advertizing their butts off with their false ship by dates that they are and have been showing on their web site! The bottom line is I ordered 2 of their cases on the 10th in part because their web site said shipping from the warehouse on the 12th - 13th and today is the 23rd and neither of my units have shipped yet.

They knew they wouldn't be ready because Apple keeps secrets so it's not Apple's fault!

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you contact them? What did they say about your shipping? Color? Keyboard color?

My wife is getting purple and I'm getting the carbon fiber color. I called them back on the 14th and was told that my cases would ship between the 22nd and I believe the 28th and I could cancel if I wished. But since I really want to give these cases a try I decided to stick it out and am hoping that any day now they will actually ship.

Oh, we both opted for the black keyboards although I was really tempted to get the white and I may pick up an extra white keyboard later as I believe Zagg sells the keyboard by itself.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I guess you have every right to publicly whip them for this screw up. However, I do think they will make it right in the long run.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want it to get here already, the case looks awesome, I can't wait to start using it for my online classes. I am not mad at Zagg, but maybe a free gift for all the hassle would help, maybe a invisible shield for the New Ipad would help ease my anger, lol.

Most reactions