What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yippee!! New iPad 2...Also New to Apple!

LisaM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the deal. We're comfortably numb in the PC universe to date, but my husband has an iPhone (3GS) that he adores, so I bought him an iPad 2 for his birthday. Utterly cool. Cute, even. We figured out most "things," managed to sync his apps, we're strumming along with GarageBand. BUT:

We can't figure out how to make his obligatory video calls to his friends via "Windows [Messenger] Live." There's no visible way to select "Start a Video Conversation" in the very small "Messenger" window that pops up. Is it possible to make a video call to someone who is not fortunate enough to own an iPad or iPhone 4? Although we have Messenger as one of his apps (sync'd from iTunes) when we tried to download a new version of "Windows Live" on the iPad via Safari, it denied our request. Silly me.

Could we try again using a different browser? Any help/psycholoigcal advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! I look foward to having more intelligent questions to ask as we take this iPad adventure.

And I promise to buy a Mac. Really.

Most reactions

Latest posts