What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad and this forum

RobTrek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI

I am new to the iPad and I’m of the older generation. My wife and I just switched to a Macbook Pro laptop in mid 2010 after using DOS/Windows computers in our work and at home (still have them for that matter).

My son who has had the iPad from the start, standing in line for both 1 and 2, has continuously tried to convince me to get one or buy his old iPad.

My wife and I both watch the “New†iPad introduction event and ordered a white 16G entry level iPad on line that night. I wanted it based on its’ wide acceptance by the SolidWorks solid modeling community as evidenced by the many iPads being carried around the latest User Group Conference in San Diego this past February 12 thru 15[SUP]th[/SUP].

“My†iPad gets much more use by my wife (retired) and our grandchildren. My wife signed up for the Apple one-on-one sessions for the Mac last year and we have both attend some free iPad workshops since getting the New iPad.

My last two app purchases were the eDrawings (SolidWorks related) and Garage Band Apps. There a quite a few pre-school educational apps loaded for obvious reasons.

My initial reason for looking into this forum is to find out how videos created on the iPad get transferred to the Mac. All iPad Photos have been sent to the Mac via iCloud but not the videos.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts