Yahoo messages being deleted when viewed on iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by bubbs19, Nov 19, 2011.

1. bubbs19

bubbs19 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! Random messages keep disappearing on my yahoo account when I use yahoo thru my iPad. They are message that have Already been viewed, and also messages that have been saved in folders! I don't trust my iPad anymore! I spent time on phone with yahoo trying to recover these, but it was unsuccessful. When messages disappear, I immediately logon to yahoo on my PC. 1 time out of 4 times that this has happened, the message was found, but only thru the PC way. The other 3 times.. . Poof! Nothing! I also want to add. . . When yahoo thru iPad is searching for new incoming mail, is when this problem usually happens. I have seen certain emails disappear right b4 my eyes! Help! One second it's there, then next its gone!!
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1
    When you get email from Yahoo, there is a push notification to the iPad. It increments that badge loads the email (if not exceeding long). Alternately it can Fetch mail periodically, and uploads the mail and increments the badge.

If something happens to the email after this, like Yahoo moves the email to the Junk Folder, or some other rule you have set up places it int a folder, then when you open the Mail app you will see the email for a short time, until the Mail app updates itself with the Yahoo server.

Mail will not remove emails that have been Pushed (or even Fetched) until you actually open the app.

This is probably what you are seeing, and it is normal behavior for all IMAP accounts on the iPad.

Check your rules and setup for Yahoo very carefully for things like automatic deleting of mail after a period of time, automatic filing, and make sure that important email addresses are in Yahoo contacts so that they don't end up in the Junk Folder.

Also hold in mind that email that you've viewed and deleted/or removed from the Yahoo site (after it has been pushed to the iPad) won't update on the iPad until Mail is opened, again giving the appearance of disappearing emails.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. sswindon

sswindon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen this behaviour happen a number of times with my Yahoo account on my iPad. It only seems to happen to messages that are in folders when I click on the messages and they usually return after a few hours. I have other email accounts which do not have this issue and I am convinced it is a problem with Yahoo although I am not prepared to go through the pain of trying to get help from Yahoo on this given previous experiences with their support function (shudders). To be honest I am getting pretty fed up with Yahoo and inertia is the only thing stopping me changing to another provider for my personal email.
  4. Ronfromcocoa

Ronfromcocoa iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Help, I open an email on ipad io read and ,wHIFF, they all disappear. Just started a week ago.