What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong autofill email

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything was fine . . . then suddenly autofill began inserting a facebook email address that I'd never seen before. This was after I'd imported facebook friends to my contacts but I don't know if it is related to this. I have checked the settings and my genuine address is entered as my default - and the weird facebook email addy is no where in sight.
I'd sure appreciate knowing how to get rid of this irritation. Typing and retyping my email address on screen when it could be autofilled is a drag.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always enter a shortcut for your email address. Go to Settings>General>Keyboard and the scroll down to Shortcuts and add one for your email address.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always enter a shortcut for your email address. Go to Settings>General>Keyboard and the scroll down to Shortcuts and add one for your email address.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks, ogilley, this is a good work-around. I guess my real question is how to get rid of the facebook email address. Now, checking my contacts, it is there under my name and it is the only email address that I cannot edit. Argh. I begin to see why there is a backlash against facebook!

OP
C

canuck101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the work around, ogilley. I guess my over arching concern is how to clobber the facebook email address. When I go to my contacts I have three email addresses under my own listing that I entered and then this stupid facebook address. When I hit the edit button to edit the contact, the facebook email address is not editable - so I cannot get rid of it at its source. This is likely where this autofill email address is coming from.

I was a PC user before I got this iPad a few months ago and I'm used to browsers that would allow you to find the autofill values and change them directly somehow. Yes, Apple does an amazingly good job of anticipating the best actions but sometimes the lack of being able to get "underneath the hood" in any way at all is frustrating.

Most reactions

Latest posts