What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AutoFill Eraser (Free) - Clean Up E-Mail AutoFill Entry List

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Note: This tweak has been discontinued for iOS 6 as Apple has provided this option as a stock function in the Mail app. See this thread for more details: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=106377

For those with iOS 5 and below:

EraserIcon.png
[Cydia Description]: This app provides a way for user to clean up the email autofill entry list, where user might accidentally entered the wrong email address when he/she composes a mail, or the email address simply becomes obsolete. This help the user not to see any irrelevant email addresses from autofill when he/she composes an email.

I had to download this as soon as I saw it today on Cydia! With it, you can delete all those incorrectly entered e-mail addresses, erase old addresses you no longer want or clean up the autofill entry for whatever reason. Finally, someone has made a way for that old stuff to go away!

When you download the tweak (which is free, by the way), you will get an icon installed on your iPad’s springboard. When it opens, you get the list of all the autofill entries that are currently stored [somewhere] on the iPad. For the ones you don’t want, it is a simple swipe to bring up the familiar red Delete button. Press the button and bam! No more incorrect autofill entries. Or, you can select an Edit button and select the entries that way. See this picture:

Deleting.png

This is an iPhone tweak, so it must be viewed in landscape, but you can 2x it up to iPad size (and RetinaPad makes it look as if it was developed stock for the iPad). As far as I can tell, it runs fine on my iPad1. Ultimately, it’s yet another very simple tweak - but one that I will definitely keep in my “toolbox.”

Happy tweaking - and deleting! :D

Marilyn

Last edited:

beamertwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like a useful app. The only problem is trying to navigate through the crappy website, full of useless adverts, badly organised and impossible to find the download.

ikeproperty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
[Cydia Description]: This app provides a way for user to clean up the email autofill entry list, where user might accidentally entered the wrong email address when he/she composes a mail, or the email address simply becomes obsolete. This help the user not to see any irrelevant email addresses from autofill when he/she composes an email.

I had to download this as soon as I saw it today on Cydia! With it, you can delete all those incorrectly entered e-mail addresses, erase old addresses you no longer want or clean up the autofill entry for whatever reason. Finally, someone has made a way for that old stuff to go away!

When you download the tweak (which is free, by the way), you will get an icon installed on your iPadÂ’s springboard. When it opens, you get the list of all the autofill entries that are currently stored [somewhere] on the iPad. For the ones you donÂ’t want, it is a simple swipe to bring up the familiar red Delete button. Press the button and bam! No more incorrect autofill entries. Or, you can select an Edit button and select the entries that way. See this picture:

This is an iPhone tweak, so it must be viewed in landscape, but you can 2x it up to iPad size (and RetinaPad makes it look as if it was developed stock for the iPad). As far as I can tell, it runs fine on my iPad1. Ultimately, it’s yet another very simple tweak - but one that I will definitely keep in my “toolbox.”

Happy tweaking - and deleting! :D

Marilyn

Hello. Do you know how I can download this app. I can not find the link. Will it work on an iPad or iPhone that is not jail braked?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this tweak is only for those with jail broken iDevices. You can only get it at the jail breaker "store," Cydia, and you wont find it at the App Store. Sorry.

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garygsmith said:
Cannot find auto fill eraser in the app store

Check the post above yours, you need to be jailbroken to access this app through Cydia, it is not available through the App Store.

The Archangel

Troubleina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but thank you so much for posting about autofill eraser! Previously i had to root my phone, which was a pain, and confused my contacts. This just made it a breeze!! :)

Most reactions