What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOTG: MBA 11 vs iPad 3 w/ Logitech Ultra-thin Keyboard Cover

Which is better for WOTG: MBA 11 or iPad 3 w/ Logitech UT KB Cover

• MacBook Air (11 or 13)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • iPad 3 w/ Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Eric,

Another advantage of the icarbons for the keyboard is that i will kill off all of the fingerprints. Frankly, they get on my last nerve. I can't wait for my new carbon to arrive because wiping them all the time gets old. To each his own! I hope Daniel gets his KB soon. Must be a pain to have waited so long.

I'm sure I will end up getting the i-carbons at some point. Thanks for the recommendation of the Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve. One thing that irritates me a little bit about buying stuff from Amazon is that they don't have the most accurate descriptions of their products sometimes. After I ordered the Bubble Sleeve I read a couple of the reviews and they say that the black case has a bright orange interior now, I prefer black but maybe the orange will be cool. Still - it would have been nice to know before I bought it...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure I will end up getting the i-carbons at some point. Thanks for the recommendation of the Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve. One thing that irritates me a little bit about buying stuff from Amazon is that they don't have the most accurate descriptions of their products sometimes. After I ordered the Bubble Sleeve I read a couple of the reviews and they say that the black case has a bright orange interior now, I prefer black but maybe the orange will be cool. Still - it would have been nice to know before I bought it...

Yes, Amazon's descriptions are frequently poor, so you have to supplement with extra research. If you go back to the first page in this thread, you will see where I included pictures showing the interior of the Hard Candy sleeve...very bright orange...and I like it. :)

1ipadguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eric,

Another advantage of the icarbons for the keyboard is that i will kill off all of the fingerprints. Frankly, they get on my last nerve. I can't wait for my new carbon to arrive because wiping them all the time gets old. To each his own! I hope Daniel gets his KB soon. Must be a pain to have waited so long.

Thanks for the pics and suggestion of the iCarbons, I went this route, (both) the ipad and their logitech thin cover as well, Have both of them on and it does protect from scratches and fingerprints, especially the keyboard, It adds a WOW factor to the finish product, very nice , Once again, Thanks for posting and suggesting the iCarbons, very good find indeed...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are some pics with the iCarbons.com skins that are part of the recently released kit for the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.

IMG_0767JPG2.jpg

IMG_0765JPG2.jpg

IMG_0764JPG2.jpg

IMG_0762JPG2.jpg

IMG_0760JPG2.jpg

IMG_0759JPG2.jpg

IMG_0754JPG2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are some pics with the icarbons skins that are part of the recently release kit for the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.
IMG_0767JPG2.jpg

IMG_0765JPG2.jpg

IMG_0764JPG2.jpg

IMG_0762JPG2.jpg

IMG_0760JPG2.jpg

IMG_0759JPG2.jpg

IMG_0754JPG2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it hard to properly install the i-carbons?

It does take a little time. I had to keep pealing off and re-applying the parts. Finally I decided good enough was good enough.

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did u use a blowdryer? I thought I saw somewhere that a blow dryer heats up the material a little and it helps it stick better...

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Emerald Eric said:
did u use a blowdryer? I thought I saw somewhere that a blow dryer heats up the material a little and it helps it stick better...

I used a heat gun for the iCarbons stuff. It helps most in the corners.

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQDC - I just got my Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve. Overall I think its pretty cool and I like it. Did you take out the velcro corner things to make more room, because when they are in I find there is not alot of room with the Logitech Ultrathin attached - in fact its a pretty snug fit, especially when zipping it up?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQDC - I just got my Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve. Overall I think its pretty cool and I like it. Did you take out the velcro corner things to make more room, because when they are in I find there is not alot of room with the Logitech Ultrathin attached - in fact its a pretty snug fit, especially when zipping it up?

wow...that's not at all my experience. It goes in quite easily. My fact, I can get my iPad inside my Garrison case inside this with ease too. I love this Hard Candy just because I can get the iPad in there without having to take stuff off. Lots of protection. I didn't remove anything. Check those pics. All of it is there. My only thought is that they changed the design. I bought mine when the iPad 2 was out...and I sold that and am using it with my iPad 3. I'm sorry you are having fit issues. I wonder if you wrote them may be they would tell you what is going on here.

Most reactions

Latest posts