What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech Launches Ultrathin Keyboard for iPad Mini

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Logitech has today announced the launch of its Ultrathin Keyboard Mini, which is a slim, protective keyboard/cover designed to use with the iPad mini.

“We are excited to bring the award-winning Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover design – recognized across the industry as the best mobile keyboard for iPad – to the iPad mini,†said Alexis Richard, director of brand development for tablet accessories. “Think of it as the other half of your iPad mini. Its clever seven-inch design fits perfectly with the iPad mini while offering full-size keys for easy typing, saving your screen space for content.â€
The keyboard uses powerful integrated magnets to attach it to your iPad mini, and comes with a thin aluminum cover that matches the tablet, and also protects it. When you want to use the keyboard, you simply flip it around to access the built-in Bluetooth EasyType keyboard, which boasts a traditional key layout in a mini form factor. Logitech says that it also has iPad mini function shortcut keys for popular commands such as copy and paste. You can also use it as a hands-free view stand when watching movies on your iPad mini. When the Ultrathin Keyboard is fitted to your iPad mini, it will also automatically wake your iPad up when you open the cover, and place it on standby when you close the cover. When used for an average of two hours per day, you can expect the keyboard to have a three-month battery life.

The Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Mini will be available sometime this month in the US and Europe, for an SRP of $79.99/Ă‚ÂŁ69.99.

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Logitech

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool. I do worry that it might be too cramp, though.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool. I do worry that it might be too cramp, though.

You'll get used to it though. I used a netbook with almost the same size keyboard and it felt cramped at first but as I started to use it more I got used to the small size. The biggest problem is going from small keyboard to larger one as I had to when my netbook got busted.

Most reactions

Latest posts