What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOTG: MBA 11 vs iPad 3 w/ Logitech Ultra-thin Keyboard Cover

Which is better for WOTG: MBA 11 or iPad 3 w/ Logitech UT KB Cover

• MacBook Air (11 or 13)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • iPad 3 w/ Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has been a month since I ordered the damned thing. There is still no sign they have shipped it. :(

Wow...why not cancel and order from Amazon. That's how I got mine. Sorry you're having to wait like this....it doesn't seem right...you are the one to put me onto this!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Portrait mode (the magnetic hold does not function in this position, but you can still use it):

IMG_0725.jpg

iCarbonsRosa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing the pics! Just wanted to update you guys and let you know that as requested, we now have iCarbons specially designed for the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover :)

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing the pics! Just wanted to update you guys and let you know that as requested, we now have iCarbons specially designed for the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover :)

Thanks for the tip on the new cover.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Neoprene stinks. Bad.

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC - Do u think the i-carbon covers for both the back of the ipad and logitech ultrathin are even necesary if you have the hard candy case?

I think I am going to buy the Bubble Sleeve by Hard Candy for the new I-pad and hold off on spending the additional $45 + for the i-carbon covers. My only concern is that the Bubble Sleeve will be too tight a fit with the keyboard cover attached to it - any thoughts on this? Finally, did u buy that bubble case from hardcandy.com or from Amazon. The reason I ask is because on the hardcandy website it says Bubble Sleeve for new I-pad ONLY and on Amazon I only see the one for the i-pad 2?

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC - Do u think the i-carbon covers for both the back of the ipad and logitech ultrathin are even necesary if you have the hard candy case?

I think I am going to buy the Bubble Sleeve by Hard Candy for the new I-pad and hold off on spending the additional $45 + for the i-carbon covers. My only concern is that the Bubble Sleeve will be too tight a fit with the keyboard cover attached to it - any thoughts on this? Finally, did u buy that bubble case from hardcandy.com or from Amazon. The reason I ask is because on the hardcandy website it says Bubble Sleeve for new I-pad ONLY and on Amazon I only see the one for the i-pad 2?

Yes, if you want to prevent scratches you need something on the iPad itself. You can't keep it inside a case all the time. Note also that the skins really only are good for scratches, not for dents and stuff like that. I want the option to sell my iPad 3 next march and I want it to look new. You may feel differently in that regard, so scratches may not be important to you.

That Bubble case I bought well before the iPad 3 came out. It is the same case and can hold an iPad with smart cover, case, or the logitech ultrathin. There is simply no reason for them to design a new case for the iPad 3. It is no where near a tight fit. I think even the photos on Amazon should show this.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both of the sleeves (with handles) have good padding.

IMG_0741.jpg

This one weighs 3 lb 14 oz when the MBA is inside. It weighs 3 lb 2 oz when the iPad 3 is inside.

IMG_0743.jpg

This sleeve weighs 2 lb 12 oz when the iPad 3 is inside. It is NOT neoprene and thus doesn't have that awful odor.

IMG_0742.jpg

Note that the larger one can hold both the MBA and the iPad 3 (in the smaller pocket) but together they weigh more than my scale can measure.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though I have yet to receive my Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (it hasn't even shipped yet and I ordered May 1), I purchased the iCarbons skins for the cover and my iPad (as well as my iPhone4). I think they look very very sharp. Thanks for the photos!

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow...why not cancel and order from Amazon. That's how I got mine. Sorry you're having to wait like this....it doesn't seem right...you are the one to put me onto this!

Thanks for the note AQ. Unfortunately, in Canada, we're forced to use the Amazon.ca site where it isn't listed. However, they must be having difficulty keeping up with demand because the US site shows nothing in stock until June 10!

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
Thanks for the note AQ. Unfortunately, in Canada, we're forced to use the Amazon.ca site where it isn't listed. However, they must be having difficulty keeping up with demand because the US site shows nothing in stock until June 10!

Drathbun -

Do you have a Best Buy where you live? Thats where I got my Logitech Ultrathin keyboard cover and I know they currently have them in stock near me in Milwaukee, WI...

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes we have BestBuy. However, they do not have the product listed. I was informed by Logitech that "We have been advised that Canada pre-orders will not be released till May 28th, we really do apologized for the long wait and appreciate your patience." It seems they are having difficulty getting product out.

Emerald Eric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
Yes we have BestBuy. However, they do not have the product listed. I was informed by Logitech that "We have been advised that Canada pre-orders will not be released till May 28th, we really do apologized for the long wait and appreciate your patience." It seems they are having difficulty getting product out.

Well it will be worth the wait - its really a great little keyboard. I love how it has magnets in 2 places: one so it acts as a cover for the screen and another to hold it in place for viewing. Can't wait to get my Hardcandy Bubble Sleeve Case that I just ordered last night. Then I will finally have full protection. Still considering whether or not to get the i-carbon covers for the iPad and the Logitech keyboard... Seeing as 95% of the time my ipad is attached to the Logitech keyboard I really dont think I need the i-carbons for the ipad but the bottom of the Logitech may be a different story. I wonder if places like Best Buy take trade-ins on keyboards too - if they do then the i-carbon would be a good investment. If not, then I mine as well just use it naked because Im sure by next year there will be an even better keyboard out that i will want to pair with the I-pad 4 ;) Well I'm just starting to ramble on now so good luck to you Drathbun and hope u get ur Logitech soon!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eric,

Another advantage of the icarbons for the keyboard is that i will kill off all of the fingerprints. Frankly, they get on my last nerve. I can't wait for my new carbon to arrive because wiping them all the time gets old. To each his own! I hope Daniel gets his KB soon. Must be a pain to have waited so long.

Most reactions