What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word for ipad

barbyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Can u tell me if there is Word for i pad? Or some other similar app? Thnks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try pages. Can open save and modify word documents and with the cloud working makes it a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

cynthia.joy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I am on my second MacBook Pro and my fourth iPhone and I had one iPod nano in my life. I have yet to buy an iPad but I think it would be appropriate over a Notepad or other similar device because of the obvious Apple device compatibility/cloud etc.

However, the main reason I want this kind of larger touchscreen device is so I can have the Pen signature feature in Word so I can use it in the business setting. I have several documents that are contracts for different services I provide, and there are many spaces to check boxes, initial, sign and date throughout. It would be best if I could just have my clients use this new Word software feature so I could just email them their signed documents instead of my always having to print them out so I have to make two physical copies, one for me, and one for the client, all the time.

So, it is important to know if this feature of Word for Mac or Word for Apple translates as well as it would on any Non Apple PC, Microsoft, etc device. I am curious if anyone out there has any experience with this. Thank you so much.

Cynthia

Most reactions

Latest posts